GTR Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've just finished rebuilding my engine, everything stock except cp pistons and rings. When you turn the key it takes two to four revs to fire, after my previous engine build (this is my second) it used to always fire first time. It seems to run rough under load at low revs like pulling away from yellow lines etc. I'm not entirely convinced I haven't got the intake cam out by one tooth as when the cambelt tensioner was tightened up it seemed to move the intake cam out of alignment with the mark by about a tooth. Would this cause these kind of symptoms? Also when i go WOT and it comes on boost it pulls but nowhere near as hard as it used to and it feels slightly hesitant.

Boost is stock. Plugs are one grade colder than stock. Clutch is nismo twin plate. Everything else stock. Ideas?

·
Premium Member
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I haven't bothered checking the timing is accurate with timing gun as i indexed the cas before I took it off and just lined it up with that.

·
Premium Member
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
They didn't line up before I spun the engine. They lined up, I tensioned the belt, they didn't line up.

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
Are you sure you got the belt the right way round ? They should all line up when tensioned but they won't line up after one turn it takes 6 revolutions if I remember rightly to line up again as I thought it wasn't lining up when I rebuilt mine after one full turn and then realised its six cylinders dickhead lol

1 - 9 of 9 Posts