GTR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well, i hooked up my turbo timer today and after everything was hooked up, i go to start the car and it cranks and turns over but it just won't start! as soon as the key goes into the run position you here the normal sound of the Fuel pump priming but as soon as it stops the ECU clicks and the Fuel pump starts priming again for about 5 sec. and it's on a constant loop like that. but if i take the key out it doesn't turn off. the timer actually goes into timing mode and counts down. So the timer works but the car won't start. anyone help? Oh ya i drive a 1993 Skyline GTR

·
Registered
8,804 Posts
what ecu do you have?

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
remove the timer and try to start it, then work back and make sure you use the correct wires....something is wrong somewhere eh

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
remove the timer and try to start it, then work back and make sure you use the correct wires....something is wrong somewhere eh

I already did that, and it still won't start. has the same problem whether the timer is hooked up or not.

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
that symptom of the ignition coming on and then going off in a loop is very odd.......the live to the ignition is being interupted by something, this can happen simply by a bad connection

i take it you have checked all the fuses you can find?, did you disconnect battery ground when fitting the timer?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
that symptom of the ignition coming on and then going off in a loop is very odd.......the live to the ignition is being interupted by something, this can happen simply by a bad connection

i take it you have checked all the fuses you can find?, did you disconnect battery ground when fitting the timer?
actually i realized i forgot to disconnect the negative from the battery after i hooked it up. So i'm thinking the ECU might have shorted something.

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
actually i realized i forgot to disconnect the negative from the battery after i hooked it up. So i'm thinking the ECU might have shorted something.
Its unlikely you damaged the ECU.....but possible

if you know what you are doing run a permanant live to the ignition and see if it does the same thing

do you have an alarm on this car?

·
Registered
561 Posts
Its unlikely you damaged the ECU.....but possible

if you know what you are doing run a permanant live to the ignition and see if it does the same thing

do you have an alarm on this car?
this might sound silly but I had the same thing happen to mine and all it was. I had flooded the bloody thing as soon as I pulled the plugs out and dried them it started.

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
check you have put the multiplug onto the back of the ignition the right way round, then check all the fuses

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
check you have put the multiplug onto the back of the ignition the right way round, then check all the fuses
As Andy said above :), plus you could make sure that none of the contacts on the back of the ignition switch are bent... and that there isn't any crap in the contacts on the connector.

Also check all of the relays and fuses under the bonnet, and not just the one's under the dash. You could have buggered a relay up... hence the constant cycle. Try the EFI main one, battery relay etc...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts