GTR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I travelled to Ashford in kent today in the pouring rain,the road had a lot of surface water and in one part was flooded.I drove through the flooded (about 4 inches of water bit very slowly and the engine warning light came on plus the gearbox light.The car went into limp mode so i stopped as soon as i could an turned the engine off.On restarting the gearbox light went out and the car had full power back but the engine light stayed on.Do i have to take it to a main dealer to get this pluged in the reset the light?

i

·
Registered
2,911 Posts
Or find someone with an ecutek cable/dongle, where are you? Im in Gatwick, if you pop down Ill plug in and see what the code is then reset for you.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Or find someone with an ecutek cable/dongle, where are you? Im in Gatwick, if you pop down Ill plug in and see what the code is then reset for you.
Thanks for your offer im in essex,a freind who has the software has offered to fix it tommorow.I was on my way to sell the car when this happened so not good.Thanks again.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for all your comments,I took the car to a main nissan dealer who is a GTR supplier today but was told because it had been modified they could,nt touch it.I am hopeing to get it fixed this evening by a friend who has the software so fingers crossed.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I got the car sorted by a friend tonight.When i went through the water the transmission temperature sensor caused the trans light and engine light to come on.It,s all cleared now so happy days.

·
Vendor
6,275 Posts
I got the car sorted by a friend tonight.When i went through the water the transmission temperature sensor caused the trans light and engine light to come on.It,s all cleared now so happy days.
Glad it sorted... That water must have been more than 4 inches then for it to get to the transmission sensor.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts