GTR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im trying to think of a non-tacky way of showing my support for the England team while I'm out driving... I had thought about getting a large St. George's Cross flag and wrapping it over the bonnet (secured down by the bonnet itself) but wasn't sure if it might catch fire.

I don't wanna do anything permanent to the car, and I don't want to do anything too tacky either.. but it has to be something better than just wedging a flag in the window.

Or am I just being completely lame? :)

·
Registered
3,467 Posts
On Fire

Might do but you sure as hell ain't lame.

We've got a lot to be proud of today as a sporting country :smokin: .

glen

·
Registered
6,129 Posts
DAMN RIGHT !!!

There's nothing tacky about supporting your country and being proud to do that.

I showed my support by spending 1.5 hours in a pub ( :D )verbally showing my support.

It's just a shame that a lot of people in this country only show support when the national side or individual is doing well, when they aren't we're too quick to give 'em grief.

I'm proud to be English.

cheers,
Daz

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Proud to be DUTCH

---- because we MISS all this CRAP FOOTBALL stuff. No nationalistic nonsens like orange caps, flags, balloons, condoms and sh*t, nor a country full of coaches who know everything better than the actual coach.
Anyway. I'd wrap a flag UNDER the bonnet instead of on top of it. Sure as heck it will catch fire !
For all who don't like football (although who doesn't when the national team has won from the biggest enemy): my advice is to start drinking heavily. And wait until they loose or until they are world champion..
:smokin:

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
Chain a british bulldog to your read toe bar and have it run round after you )obviously with the St Georges flag painted on its back)

What could be more patriotic than that? And theres no lasting affects to your car :D

My ambition is to remember a world cup match. Now that would be nice.

Where am I?

Rob

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
miss..

Glen

I can imagine that. It's quite weard to see the WC taking place without Holland changing into orange. It's almost like there's no interest. Not many people talk about it, except the suppliers of the said orange articles. They'll either have scrapped them or need to stock them for another multiple of two years....

Andre.

·
Registered
905 Posts
BE VERY VERY CAREFUL WHAT YOU DO........

The Police are doling out £2500 fines and points for protrsuions, and danderously placed flag, view obstruction etc,,

Note that even a Georges cross on your number plate is ILLEGAL... wat a buch of shit

There is a place some in the country not tried looking called auto flag, and they make little sucker cup flags that stick to the top of your windscreen..........

Hope this helps....

Si:D

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Flag

That´s exactly what I´m NOT missing in Holland. What a crap !;)

Should sell well though; have them made in China for not a lot; sell it to the average family; cash heavily....then buy a SKYLINE GT-R !!

Not a bad idea after all..
:D

·
Registered
637 Posts
Ahhhh! just paint the whole car white with a red cross on it....might start a fashion trend ...

·
Registered
905 Posts
No, Auto Flag ,it is called,l they did a feature of it on Radio 5 last week, and were going through what the boys in blue can do you 4......

I know there was a webshite but I cant remember it..... SoRRY...

Si

1 - 12 of 12 Posts