GTR Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
GTROC NOBODY
5,981 Posts
Trev said:
Yes seen that before, not sure the driver/passengers survived.
No he didnt. Another fatality due to the chassis dividing.

·
Registered
223 Posts
paul creed said:
No he didnt. Another fatality due to the chassis dividing.

The chassis is supposed to divide, it's something they learned in F1.
Half the mass is half the force.
The Porsche Carrera GT does the same as a women experienced in Holland a few weeks back.
He's dead because he was driving way to fast and lost control, had nothing to do with the car, with any other car he'd be dead too.

greets

S

·
0 Posts
why do people feel the need to post these sort of pictures?
This sort of sh|t and the whole wreckedexotics thing is ghoulish... like; hey look here, this is where someone died in a fatal car wreck.
Its [email protected]
If you have photos of a person smashed to pieces in a car wreck then post them, we can all go 'ewwww' and puke our guts out and get on with the business of browsing the threads on this forum.
A picture of a wrecked Ferrari Enzo in which people died is no different to a picture of a wrecked Vauxhall Nova that killed its occupants - not what I want to see when I log on to the internet.
Jenna Jameson eating Aurora Snow, Thats what i want to see when i log on to the internet ;)

·
Registered
6,764 Posts
I agree with you Senna. While we all need to be aware of the dangers of high speed driving tbh I would not rather see pictures of fatal car accidents.....too graphic and maybe too upsetting for some forum users.

·
GTROC NOBODY
5,981 Posts
dinges said:
The chassis is supposed to divide, it's something they learned in F1.
Half the mass is half the force.
The Porsche Carrera GT does the same as a women experienced in Holland a few weeks back.
He's dead because he was driving way to fast and lost control, had nothing to do with the car, with any other car he'd be dead too.

greets
Yes Aram. The car is designed to divide, but it is supposed to divide at the firewall and shed the engine, whilst the middle section (the CF tub stays intact), however, on this occasion, the tub broke up exposing the driver. Thats not supposed to happen.
Depending on the angle and type of impact, a CF tub can react in many ways. They can shatter like glass,or they can break at purposely made points.
Either way, the basic manufacturers crash tests standards are very low surprisingly even for a high speed car such as an Enzo. I think you'll find that they are designed to divide and save lives at low speeds such as 70/80 mph, not the 160 mph this guy was doing when he became airborne and took out a pole on the way.
In the old days, similar powered cars with CF and honeycomb structures would have probably survived the impact slightly better, as the chassis was tethered through from front to back. No such luck with the Enzo design.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Well, you have a point perhaps, but the recent 162 mph crash in Malibu show that the Enzo can crash "safely" with these speeds.
I still think that this crash in Italy would have been fatal with all cars, if you hit something hard enough it will break in the end.
It all depends on how you a certain obstacle.
Also, if you could make a tub strong enough to withstand a crash like this the driver prolly would be dead by the g-forces released on his body anyway.
A neck was not designed to withstand these forces ;).

1 - 16 of 16 Posts