GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
2,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fellas just got back from a 4 day hoon around Wales with 8 other motors.

I did 1055 miles and 23.5 hours worth of driving in the 4 days (nearly 800 of those were twistie smooth welsh roads : ) and the car was absolutely faultless. It was also truly epic over there. Seriously impressed and learnt even more about the cars handling characteristics. There was some tasty motors there including a lovely GT3 RS and. 675bhp turbo. But the GT-R was a true hero. I'd love to say it was the driver but I'm sure it was all the car.

Some of Wales can be very hard on a motor when making progress and the twistie technical sections of the mountain passes that are narrow and with lots of cambers etc really shouldn't be the place to stretch such a big cars legs. However she just appeared to mould around me. The new MPSS's I fitted just before going certainly helped. The grip was immense and the road compliance was lovely. All the fellas there were serious surprised and impressed at how it would thump its way through the tight sections and cope witb fast successive direction changes.

I guess I'm talking to the converted here so I don't want to bore you. Just wanted to share the fact that after 2.5 years I'm still enjoying her and to my surprise still learning what she can do. Same with any car I know but my love for her was reignited this weekend.

Only problem was the fuel stops lol. Door to door average was 15mpg lol. Erm, only used half a tank to get to North Wales on the Friday but the rest was history. 1/2 a tank done in 45 mins around the black mountains lol.

Once I've done the photos I'll post some up. Got. Lovely shot of all the cars lined up on a beech in the north :)

Hope you all had a great bank holiday weekend fellas.

Sauce

·
Premium Member
2,519 Posts
Sounds epic, we are lucky here we do have some great roads.

The road used for Evo's article on the GTR this month is 5miles from my house

·
Registered
3,298 Posts
Look forward to the photos Saucy.

Good to see your enthusiasm for the GT-R is still as big as ever!

·
Registered
330 Posts
Sounds like a great weekend Sauce. I really need to get myself over to Wales for some driving!

As others have said, get the pictures up.

·
Premium Member
7,804 Posts
Sounds epic, we are lucky here we do have some great roads.

The road used for Evo's article on the GTR this month is 5miles from my house
Lucky you Dylan. Was going to check out the triangle the next time I visit Snowdon. Looks a great bit of road.

Envious of a bit more of a drive than I did this weekend (Stoke and back in the sun).

·
Registered
2,485 Posts
Epic mate, sounds like you had a blast!! Can't wait for the photos!

·
Premium Member
662 Posts
I'm off tomorrow with another guy. We plan to be in Brecon on Thursday night. Any particular roads you especially liked?

A pm will do.

Thanks

·
Registered
2,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Will do photos this week after work fellas.

The Evo triangle is a great road but there are better over there tbh. Zed, I followed blindly as I had in tom tom tin file etc. however I'll speak to my pals and see what our fav bits were as some of it was truly amazing. There's moments that I have been well and truly cemented into my memory bank for me to chuckle at when I'm old and wrinkly lol

·
Premium Member
138 Posts
im off to anglesey this coming thursday after work because im racing there all weekend..would love to spend the weekend there instead of racing but its a hard life..Lol
maybe i will take my time coming home and detour around some nice roads

·
Registered
23 Posts
Sounds fantastic. Your next trip should be northbound into Grampian as we have some decent roads up here. Sounds like I'm from the Scottish Tourist Board but I'm not! :chuckle:
Look forward to the Welsh pictures.

·
Registered
2,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Time for some pics, although I don't think they will be as good as the euro tour. Porker turbo is running 673bhp and equal torque. One very quick capable car.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 51 Posts