GTR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have got a great deal on a set of F50 Brakes for my 1989 GTR. I am running Nismo LMs in 17*9 +22 what is the biggest rotor these wheels will fit. i was thinking 324mm. anyone have any experience with these brakes and what size and type of rotors to fit.

This is the kit, I Bable-Fished it but dident help much, the accent was still too thick. if anyone can read this and tell me what size rotors i will need that would be great.

brembo caliper

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
The F50 kit's I've seen come with either 343mm or 355mm discs.

I have this setup on my Supra with 355mm discs.

Are you sure the caliper fits under the 17" wheel?

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
The link says that you should use BCNR33 disks with the BB-NO1 kit, which would be 324 IIRC.
If you are getting the BB-NO5 kit then it's based on 355mm Project mu disks.

Anyway it's a kit, so whichever one you buy you will get a bracket for a certain size disk - you can't choose a bigger one without changing the bracket.

·
Registered
3,171 Posts
Good discs, IMO, = AP Racing, Brembo or Alcon mounted with proper cap heads and Aerotight or K nuts on a hard anodised bell. If you have a free disc choice get a floating diosc as this helps with Skylines very floppy front uprights moving the disc off the caliper centreline under hard cornering loads.

·
Registered
552 Posts
AS you are based the other side of the pond have a look at the StopTech Kit for the gtr, 355 front and rear along with 4 pots alround, these out perform the 6/4 pot kit from AP. have a look on thier web site just add the w's and .com you wont be disapointed.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
AS you are based the other side of the pond have a look at the StopTech Kit for the gtr, 355 front and rear along with 4 pots alround, these out perform the 6/4 pot kit from AP. have a look on thier web site just add the w's and .com you wont be disapointed.

I dont mean to be rude, but what duz this have to do with my post or question.

"I have the brackets for the 324mm disk then. any recomendations for a good disk in a 324mm, anyone use those Carbon rotors made by Cross"

1 - 8 of 8 Posts