GTR Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Am i right in thinking that theres a problem getting hold of Ethanol, ive heard a few peeps mention it lately, mainly drag racers tbh.

Any experiences?

·
Premium Member
551 Posts
I find keeping hold of it is the problem.
I put it in that tank under the car (for safe keeping) but then when I go for a drive its gone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Friend just bought a load from chap he sources it from in Norfolk for his Classic Impreza didn't hear of any issues.

·
Registered
692 Posts
I'm just struggling to find out which is the right type. As there are lots out there.
I believe its something called TSDA9 Which is Trade Specific Denatured Alcohol for Vehicle use. But I need to know if it should anhydrous or hydrous, and if the small amount of Methanol in TSDA9 is a problem.

Sourcing it is not a problem, lots of places sell it. I just want peace of mind that I am not putting anything untoward in the fuel tank.

I do believe if you buy it from a manufacturer or wholesaler then you need to have a permit from HMRC?

Johnny on here mentioned that Lee @SRD can source it, I was going to have a word with him.

I also have a source for B100, but I think thats Bio-Diesel? Any input would be great.

I've got a very smart friend who's a Chemistry whizz with a lot of letters after his name. He has developed an Algae fuel, but I may ask him about types of Ethanol and what to go for.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts