GTR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1) This summer, buy a 2009 car which has or soon will drop out of warranty for mid £30s. Make sure it has just had one of the larger services (probably the 24 or 36k) and recent tyres and brakes (preferably a Miltek also).

2) As I will only be covering 3-4k miles per year, have Litchfield service the car just once every 12 months - the next scheduled 6k service and engine optimisation each year in other words.

3) Subsequently use Litchfield for all brakes and parts - perhaps even buy a car from them in the first place as by then they may have released their own warranty which surely they will supply with any car they sell for 12 mths?

4) Enjoy *relatively* cheap GTR ownership. If the new Michelins are a sensible price, that will be good too.

Well?

·
Registered
9,080 Posts
Genius!

All we need now is for someone to figure out retrofitting the hi res sat nav to the earlier car and then it's a done deal.

You forgot to add have ecutek with 2011 transmission software added to the car.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Genius!

All we need now is for someone to figure out retrofitting the hi res sat nav to the earlier car and then it's a done deal.

You forgot to add have ecutek with 2011 transmission software added to the car.
Yes, I forgot the gearbox upgrade thing. If the car is from Litchfield, they may even throw that in as well :)

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sounds a decent plan.

Chelmsford?
You're just up the road from me. :thumbsup:
Where are you? I would have suggested we meet up so I can look at your car and sweetened the deal by offering you a ride in my Z06. However, I just wrote that off :(

·
Premium Member
8,019 Posts
Where are you? I would have suggested we meet up so I can look at your car and sweetened the deal by offering you a ride in my Z06. However, I just wrote that off :(
I'll drop you a PM as I live in a village not far away...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts