GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right folks, it is here, the night you have all been waiting for. A night to put on your best GT-R glad rags, meet up with all your fellow GT-R owners from R32 right through to big power R35 mental machines and beyond.

The event is to be held on Saturday October 22nd in a Central England location (close to M1 and M6 routes) at a 4 * Golf and Spa resort.

After weeks of negotiating and threatening them that Max Boost was going to be guest of honour unless they dropped the prices we have negotiated a fabulous rate. Dinner, Bed and Breakfast for a standard double room for a couple attending the AGM will be under £140!!

The Spa will be available during the afternoon for AGM attendees spouses, partners, civil marriage life partners etc etc to entice them along for a weekend away and a good run out.

Initial plans (and subject to exciting new updates) are:

Saturday AM - Golf if people wish
Saturday lunchtime - Gather for front of house photo shoot (bring your polishing rags - this will be space limited)
Saturday Afternoon - GTROC Annual General Meeting
Saturday Evening - GTROC Annual Awards Dinner (3 courses) in private dining room with awards, speeches and much merriment
Sunday morning - recover and golf if people wish

There are lots of fabulous updates and surprises to come but can't get you all of a frenzy all at once so watch this space!

Price - well for full details, room upgrade options and more news follow this thread in the members area. Obviously the AGM and Annual Awards Dinner is for GTROC members only so there is your excuse to join.

http://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/150763-event-year-gtroc-annual-awards-dinner-agm.html#post1451120

Don't miss out sign up today!

Check back regularly for updates and new additions to the evening festivities.

Rog.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Sods law - that weekend already booked - and I need to become and "official" member rather than an "X".......

I will sling a few bottles of nice wines as prizes though - if change of plans will join and come - a couple of rounds and dinner all for £140:thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
3,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sods law - that weekend already booked - and I need to become and "official" member rather than an "X".......

I will sling a few bottles of nice wines as prizes though - if change of plans will join and come - a couple of rounds and dinner all for £140:thumbsup:
Gutted - tried to make it far enough ahead that people would be free of holidays/weddings/Christmas!

We go for good value but should still be fabulous (or I am retiring from the forum)

·
Registered
3,517 Posts
Sounds great :)

·
Premium Member
3,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
BBUUMMPPP!! Can someone please make this sticky ;-) And not in a normal Internet sticky sort of way - am right out of keyboard wipes!

·
Registered
26,315 Posts
The Mrs has seen pics of the spa. Looks like it could be a very long weekend, I think she's planning on staying a few days! :D

·
Premium Member
3,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Rog, stick me and my good lady down for a spot please :thumbsup:
See you already have! 10 rooms booked already - bet the Mrs is looking forward to a relax John - I am moving to have the AGM held in the Sauna myself - much more relaxing!

·
Premium Member
3,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Right folks 18 confirmed attendees for the bash already. Just to reiterate John's comments this is a fun event and a chance for a great weekend away at a nice venue - that fact that we can hold the meeting to decide the future and review the past year of the GTROC is a great bonus and means people can have their say and get more involved in the club - not to mention putting a face to the people we talk to on the forum.

More announcements soon.....

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Roger, any update on the location & booking details etc.?

·
Registered
26,315 Posts
We keep the location confidential from a public forum but the details will be posted soon in the Members Area. In addition there will be an announcement about it at the SGM on Sunday

1 - 20 of 39 Posts