GTR Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't mean running costs - I've researched all that. I mean the practical stuff:

1. Can you park it anywhere you want to (supermarkets, multi-stories) or are spaces too small and the fear of trouble too great??

2. I assume the ground clearance isn't an issue?

3. Do you get surrounded by 16 year-old chavs at every petrol station?

The budget stretches to Audi R8s, 997 GT3s and even Gallardos, but I reckon most of those would stay in the garage for most journeys due to problems with at least 2 of the above. I want a car I can USE when I want to and not have to plan ahead on every journey. Is the GTR the solution?

Thanks.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Only 1 has concered me. Most spaces are too small at the supermarket and in multi storey car parks.

·
Registered
300 Posts
hard to say

it attract so much attention that you're always going to fear some asshole .... and if you have an underground garage....you are going to feel your heart on ramps :)

·
Registered
4,906 Posts
my answers.....

I don't mean running costs - I've researched all that. I mean the practical stuff:

1. Can you park it anywhere you want to (supermarkets, multi-stories) or are spaces too small and the fear of trouble too great??

Probably not my venues of choice but depends on the place; bit wide you see

I've left mine in Walthamstow and Tottenham; it was there when I got back

2. I assume the ground clearance isn't an issue?

Rarely, but the front splitter costs a bit

3. Do you get surrounded by 16 year-old chavs at every petrol station?

Healthy interest from the full span of humanity... and chavs

The budget stretches to Audi R8s, 997 GT3s and even Gallardos, but I reckon most of those would stay in the garage for most journeys due to problems with at least 2 of the above. I want a car I can USE when I want to and not have to plan ahead on every journey. Is the GTR the solution?

have you a brand issue?

Thanks.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I only ever have nice cars so supermarkets are always an issue

I always park further away and go at quieter times or send the missus!
Waitrose too not Tesco!

I use it everyday but am careful where I park like with any nice car.
Just ordered a Golf R for March so I can have another toy to play with. Even with that I will make sure I park in the right place.

Yes you do get kids looking but I find that unlike a Porsche its all nice comments. This baby turns heads like nothing else.

You don't buy one of these to blend in believe me.

Think my gun metal is the best colour too.. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

·
Registered
142 Posts
You have to be careful parking at supermarket car parks.because of the width of the car. I won't park in multi -story car parks owing to bad experience with a previous car(smashed window and theft of contents and audio system in dash).

Not had any real issues with speed ramps but need to be careful parking.

Tend to get quite a lot of attention mostly good but you need to take the car and drive it and not worry too much about the low life. Otherwise why buy the car especially if like mine it is a DD. Obviously take sensible precautions whe parking in unfamiliar or rough areas

·
Registered
358 Posts
I have a solution to the wide space issue:

If I go to the Supermarket I always take one of my kids... they love a drive in the GT-R. Then I park in the Parent and Child spaces which are wider! Mind you I have got a few looks... "What?!! There are kids in the back, aren't there!!!" :p

Hmmm... but speed ramps scare me... not touched any yet, Mind.

Jon

·
Registered
167 Posts
It's all positive

Spped ramps - no issue, there is no 'bounce' in the suspension

Car parks no issue - and I agree on the kids wanting to goto the supermarket, they always love a blat in the car !

Steep inclines and high kerbs are the ones to watch with the front of the car - Not had a problem myself.

Attention from other - all good. I've never had so much attention as this car draws. From kids to people actually stopping to ask questions etc. The only one's I gone away from was in a supermarket around 8pm. - Came out from Sainsburys to find about 20 kids (circa 12 - 16) around the car, but a good distance. As I arrived the 'Is it you car mister' along with the how fast, top speed and cost questions - the parting shot from one was 'Have you done a doughnut in it yet' ... Hmmmm :chairshot , the youth of today

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
like any car, good points and bad points, but would expect the bad points to be fairly minor - didnt think it was too wide when we test drove it the other week - certainly nothing near as wide as our Testarossa!!! - now thats what i call a wide car

·
Registered
24 Posts
In answer to point 3;

It seems not to attract the 'haters' like other supercars, I guess due to the badge. Petrolheads, from true car nuts to Chav's in Novas, always give it respect. Morons that would key a 911 or a Ferrari don't know what it is so their jealousy gene doesn't seem to kick in. It's a car that is to quote Nissan "more balls than badge" and most people seem to like that. The only people that seem not to like it are those that have spent a lot of money on something that's German/Italian and slower :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts