GTR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not to spoil it, but I'll leave it up to those who haven't seen the mag yet to guess.
In no particular order: (I watch too much strictly ;-)
Aston V12 Vantage, Merc SLS black, Ferrari F12, 911 GT3, Audi R8 v10 plus, Mini JCW GP, Cayman S, Alfa 4C...and no F type!
Suffice to say even not having driven any of the cars but reading other reviews I would tend to expect the result, given the line up. Can't wait to see a Bedford lap time for it too.

I like the mag but Evo still stubbornly refuse to put up the competitive GTR time on their leaderboard that Tiff posted on his Evo review vs a 991 S ..... leaving only the speed limited MY08 as the "reference" GTR languishing behind nearly every type of pork imaginable.

Yes I'm a GTR fanboy and proud of it.

·
Premium Member
2,519 Posts
No place for the new Jag????

·
Premium Member
8,829 Posts
Not to spoil it, but I'll leave it up to those who haven't seen the mag yet to guess.
In no particular order: (I watch too much strictly ;-)
Aston V12 Vantage, Merc SLS black, Ferrari F12, 911 GT3, Audi R8 v10 plus, Mini JCW GP, Cayman S, Alfa 4C...and no F type!
Suffice to say even not having driven any of the cars but reading other reviews I would tend to expect the result, given the line up. Can't wait to see a Bedford lap time for it too.

I like the mag but Evo still stubbornly refuse to put up the competitive GTR time on their leaderboard that Tiff posted on his Evo review vs a 991 S ..... leaving only the speed limited MY08 as the "reference" GTR languishing behind nearly every type of pork imaginable.

Yes I'm a GTR fanboy and proud of it.
Yep, I feel the exactly the same way about Autocar too, they always overlook the GTR when doing a comparison test, probably cods it will smash all the "German" supercars into the ground !!!!

Our mags are too Gestapo friendly !!!!

I would have thought that a certain Mr Yu could have influenced Evo but hey................................ Harry has now gone as well bye bye Evo !!!!

·
Registered
155 Posts
Yep, I feel the exactly the same way about Autocar too, they always overlook the GTR when doing a comparison test, probably cods it will smash all the "German" supercars into the ground !!!!

Our mags are too Gestapo friendly !!!!

I would have thought that a certain Mr Yu could have influenced Evo but hey................................ Harry has now gone as well bye bye Evo !!!!
Na.... to be fair they have always praised the GTR. I guess its getting on a bit and they will only review the latest new models. :)

·
Premium Member
8,829 Posts
errrr there is a "new" GTR nearly every year ! LOL

·
Registered
155 Posts
but its not really new new. Just slightly improved. I guess they view this as old. I think EVO paired it up with the GT3 PDK in a recent video.

No matter, the GT-R is still one of the best. Even if you pitch it against a MP4 or a 458. :chuckle:

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
Not improved, cost engineered. How can we make this for less cost, and sell it for more? Change the colour of that, put that in, take that out, add some horses,......

1 - 13 of 13 Posts