GTR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any one own of these?

wondering if the HKS extras are worth the premium over a 'standard' FQ360.

:wavey:

·
Registered
582 Posts
One of the guy at work has one, as far as I understand it the 360 is a standard with HKS add on's and map. thats what makes it a 360, the standard is 340 , at least that what was explained to me. Also the HKS items are done under warranty.

·
Premium Member
1,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
One of the guy at work has one, as far as I understand it the 360 is a standard with HKS add on's and map. thats what makes it a 360, the standard is 340 , at least that what was explained to me. Also the HKS items are done under warranty.
Cool - thanks.

If any for sale out there please PM... :wavey:

·
Vendor
245 Posts
The 9MR (HKS) 360 is the last and best of the bunch in terms of standard IX's.
Essentially the MR and standard IX only have subtle differences with interior and some interior & exterior trim.
Prices are rising massively on these and cirtain other Evo models.

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
The IX MR FQ360 by HKS has some differences compared to the 'standard' FQ360 model, some of them are HKS upgrades but others not.

They have slightly different suspension (also lowered slightly), which makes the ride better, especially in the twisty stiff and a slightly modified turbo over the other models. HKS hard pipes, intercooler and exhaust also differentiate the car as well as slight changes to the main ECU and AYC ECU maps.

You also get a carbon fibre front splitter & vortex generator as standard. I believe that the roof is also has a slightly different shape (has ridges) and is made out of aluminium compared to steel on the 'standard' FQs (don't quote me on this point though).

The car is meant to spool a little earlier than the other IX FQ models and also pull harder to the limiter.

I have one but tbh, it's so far from standard that I cannot really comment on how a standard one feels but what I can say is that in the wet and on twisty roads, very little, if anything, is as quick, not even a GTR.

·
Registered
275 Posts
JPS

Any IX - can be very gently modified to become a very competent all rounder and dare i say "better" Evo than a std FQ360 by HKS.

Indeed if you wish you may utlise many HKS parts in the modifying process, (plenty other brands available though) to get around a very easily achievable 400 / 400.

But in terms of rarity - the FQ360 by HKS is indeed the last of the line in terms of UK evo IX's.

AFAIA The aluminium roofs with ridges - were standard from Evo VIII MR models onwards.

Good examples of Evo's are, like good examples of RB series GTR's appreciating in value @ present.

:)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts