GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Co-ed Dickie Meaden has been talking to me about the potential cover story for next month's "evo": the GT-R!
Basically he's trying to get an exclusive from the designers of the R35 and if it works out, wants to do a cover story on the evolution of the Skyline GT-R.
Therefore, who on here owns a STANDARD (or as close as dammit) R32, R33 and R34 (although Joss is trying to blag that one!)? You have to be available around the weekend of the 26th/27th Jan (that's 11 days time). Road driving only, no performance figures you'll be glad to hear. It's really a refresher on the GT-R experience since 1989 leading to speculation on how the R35 will/should look and drive.
I explained that virtually no one has a completely standard car, but as close as poss would be welcome. I'll continue to work on an "ultimate tuned car" story for a future issue! Please e-mail me if you're free and would like to offer your car; the most suitable from each type will be invited IF the story happens.

·
Registered
9,548 Posts
David,

Sounds like a blinding issue. One small thing though. Why not try and "educate" EVO readers on the actual history of the GTR all the way from the beginning rather than just the last 3 generations? So many people out there think that the GTR "thing" started in 1989 with the R32!! At least mention the KPGC10, the car that got the whole "R" thing going in the early 70's.
What do you think?

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Hi David,

Who's going to be doing the driving ??

I have a usual car I.e. the "standard" mods, un dyno'd but with 1 bar boost, exhaust and air filter...

Mark at Abbey reckons on around 380 BHP.

it is now lowered, and has a colour coded front splitter but apart from that is normal.

Let me know if that is of any use..

regards
Steve

·
Premium Member
5,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Dino:
Oh yeah, I forgot to say that Your's Truly will be writing a story on the history and heritage of the GT-R and Harry Metcalfe (the MD) who has a problem with Jap cars in general, will probably play devil's advocate! ( to get me back for slagging off his beloved MINI in this month's issue, which is a very good one BTW ;) )

Steve:
Thanks, you have started the ball rolling. We'll decide as soon as Richard confirms the story is for next month OK?

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
Dam!

A chance to be famous (GTR 33) unfortunately will be at Tuning Japanese for Dyno day with the 500+ gang on the 26th.

Mine is same spec as Steves but with bigger IC, oil cooler and Nismo 18's so won't look standard.

But look forward to the read.:D

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
Cems name in lights (again)

Blowdog you'd give up seeing me attempt to break 400BHP to have your car on the front cover of a magazine?

I feel insulted! :D

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
The 34 slot!

Cem,

You should get the 34 slot in the mag as out of all the ones that are on the board I think yours is nearer to standard (no offence).

May opo along to watch the piccies being taken.

Let me know if your picked.

...Ian

·
Registered
264 Posts
Well, they really ought to be reviewing a UK car.. not one of those tatty cloth trim cars ;)

And well.. Bayside Blue is THE colour.. Hmm, who do I know, who has a UK Bayside Blue in std body trim ?

Oh yeah, me :D

·
Registered
211 Posts
Impossible to rebuild my GC10 in 11 days!:D
It's all over the place with empty shell.

I'm sorry.

PS. when finished it should be a GT-R saloon lookalike.

·
Premium Member
5,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I don't suppose there are any earlier than R32 types in this country, e.g. KGPC 10? GT-R equivalents only.

·
Registered
997 Posts
David,

My R33 is totally standard.:D And the right colour too;)

Getting a GT-R this year mate?
See you around,

Henry.:smokin:

·
Registered
9,548 Posts
David...I don't think there are any KPGC10s in the UK, let alone the rearer KPGC110s(the best looking IMHO)....
Will the article fature a few tuned motors as well?? Just to show what can be achieved with them?

1 - 20 of 40 Posts