GTR Forum banner
21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
before the 32

Dino or someone equally knowledgeable!
Can someone send me a link to a site in English showing the full history of the "GT-R". I know the Skyline came out in early 60s, but when did they first start competing successfully and adopt the GT-R moniker? Thanks.

·
Banned
349 Posts
Article content

Hi David,

When they do the tuned GTR coverage, first of all count me in. Second I think it would be good if they do all round performance testing I.E. Road, Ted testing, Strait line, Lap time differences, Dyno ect.

This will show what the best all round package is, you know, like when Autocar go to Croft each year to find the years best handling car ect.

I don't know how much say you'll have but it would be great to set some decent time like Performance car did with Tims old car (8.6 to the tonne if I remember).

·
Registered
168 Posts
Standard R33

Hi David

My silver R33 is very standard [still has grotty Japanese radio in!!!],
standard exhaust, frontsplitter still black plastic, standard wheels & original awful steering wheel. Like the other Ian, though,I'm doing the dyno half day on the 26th. The only mod so far, has been to remove the restrictor from the end of the air tube that runs from the airbox into the inner wing. I understand this was one of the items put on to keep the power down to 280BHP in Japan.

I think Henry has put me down to run first though as my power curve is going to look totally woosy against the rest of the cars that are going to be there!!

Rgds Ian W

·
Premium Member
5,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
The story is GO!

Hot off the press! Richard Meaden has confirmed the story will happen and almost definitely on the weekend 26th/27th. I will discuss with him which 32, 33 and 34 he wants but as I said, they have to be the most standard ones.
Thanks for all the replies, sorry I haven't had time to reply to ANYONE individually (quite impatient aren't we, geezajob?;) ), but the "chosen ones" will get a mail by tomorrow (Friday) midday.
BTW before anyone moans, Joss's car will be there if the M-spec suspension has been fitted successfully, but NOT as the "standard" R34. This will be a purely road driving article, no track stuff, so not a lot to see as a spectator really.
Thanks again for all your replies and help.

David.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Still have my PC from when the boys did a skyline areticle the first time around. It was very interesting reading, had Blue Thunder in it etc.

Hope it is in the same vain.

·
Premium Member
5,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
Who was chosen and when it'll be out

The lucky winners were: (cue drum roll) DaveR (32), MattOz(33) and Cem(34).
Thanks to everyone who replied.
This issue should hit the shops early Feb, I'll keep you posted.
As previously stated there will be no performance testing, therefore no figures and no tuned cars.

21 - 40 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.