GTR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
GTROC Co-Founder.
6,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While reading EVO magazine today in my study, (Down stairs loo;) ), some thing I read made me laugh.:D

The article was regarding great cars that sadly arn't made anymore and which ones they'd love
to see come back. While scanning the list the Mitsubishi 3000GT cought my eye.:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

YOU WHAT??????:confused: :confused:

All was clear when I read what the * meant, (bottom right). :p :D :D :D

Attachments

·
Registered
3,029 Posts
They have had several little digs at the Mit 3000GT over the years. I remember once in the "Knowledge" section at the back they had given the Mit 3000GT 5 stars for a laugh. You will notice that it never appears in the knowledge.

I have also noticed a pattern every now and then where each writer uses the same phrase in their articles - one was "Jethro Bovingdon the road test editor" or something like that in each article one month. I think they have little in jokes where they all try to fit the same phrase in from time to time - funny once you spot it.

·
Registered
3,029 Posts
I've read them all too! I only notice it the odd time as I tend to read big chunks of the mag in a sitting and you sort of notice things - it's not every month maybe about one in 4 or 5 issues that you notice a phrase being repeated in several articles by different people. Unfortunately I donate my old copies to the local tyre shop as a mate works there :( .

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Looking at that Elan drifting almost makes me wana get out in to the garage and get the old girl fired up (but not quite, its still too cold out there).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts