GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Read it and weep. Evo arrived yesterday morning and our dear GTR was being used as a benchmark for the Veyron. In the twisting hills of Wales the Veyron was only matching the GTR not catching it!

At the same time I managed to find some great twists and turns in the home counties no Veyrons around but it is a truly great drive.

AM

·
Registered
29 Posts
Nobody in their right mind would ever drive a Veyron like they stole it. You would be way to affraid of making a small mistake and spending the rest of your life (and possibly grand-childerns), making payments for a car you only drove once.

With 1001HP, 922TQ, and 7 gears, it will pass anything when it damn well feels like it :)

Plus the Veyron was built mostly as a enginerring masterpiece for V-Max, not tight twisty roads.

·
Registered
4,586 Posts
Nobody in their right mind would ever drive a Veyron like they stole it. You would be way to affraid of making a small mistake and spending the rest of your life (and possibly grand-childerns), making payments for a car you only drove once.

With 1001HP, 922TQ, and 7 gears, it will pass anything when it damn well feels like it :)

Plus the Veyron was built mostly as a enginerring masterpiece for V-Max, not tight twisty roads.
.....So totally unusable anywhere other than on the autobarn then:blahblah:

Plus it's as ugly as sin.

Even if they were a 20th of the price....I still wouldn't have one, McLaren F1 for the best supercar ever.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
556 Posts
Wasnt it top gear that put the Veyron against the Maclaren F1?

And from a standstill launch... the F1 actually pulled ahead by quite a bit. Took a long enough straight road for the Veyron to catch up.

On a bendy twisty piece of road... I think even the Evo would have kept up with the Veyron

·
Banned
11,494 Posts
Did anyone notice that the Veyron is 2025kg with a driver but the GTR is only 1740kg with a driver? Does that mean that the quoted 1740kg actually includes a driver, meaning that it isn't a kerb weight as such?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Wasnt it top gear that put the Veyron against the Maclaren F1?

And from a standstill launch... the F1 actually pulled ahead by quite a bit. Took a long enough straight road for the Veyron to catch up.
The power to weight ratio of the mclaren is greater than that of the veyron (and it cost twice as much ;)).

·
Premium Member
8,829 Posts
Yes I was TG was the Hamster at the wheel of the Macca. C'mon guys there is always going to be something faster than one of us and the BV is the dogs dangly bits but as for pounds for fun, looks and just pure everyday driving practability our car/s win every time !!! Just ask the 430 scud and the 911 turbo I have "burnt" recently when the drivers have said "I just dont know how Nissan can make a car like that for the money" where i then said " Hmmm, I just wonder how much you are paying for that badge" ???

·
Registered
6,794 Posts
The Veyron has a quicker lap round the Top Gear track than the GTR, so it's hardly a slouch in the corners.....

·
Registered
565 Posts
I actually get a warm glow even thinking about the GT-R being pitched against the Veyron.

Yeah it out accelerates the GTR but to even be put head to head against it says it all, the GT-R commands respect and has been shown to punch well above it's weight.

I can't wait for my first chance on track to go against other Super cars including F430's and 997 TT's and that comes from an ex 997 TT owner.

·
Registered
872 Posts
Did I see some Veyron consumables costs posted somewhere? Cant find them by Search - can anyone point me to the thread? Ta.

·
Registered
968 Posts
4 new brake discs + small service > 100K euro as 1 of the few owners here found out after driving his car into the gravel on Zandvoort track.

·
Registered
634 Posts
The GTR is way better pound for pound. The BV is the ultimate supercar in terms of cost, tech and pose factor but it is not the best that title is gonna have to go to the Macca and if not then the Enzo.

I have not heard anyone in the motoring press compare any other car to the BV other than the GTR and that in itself it an absolote triumph and one we should be all really proud of - the baby veyron or veyron lite owners club.

Kp

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
Autocar called the GTR a baby-Veyron some time ago and they are spot-on.

I have done a Veyron test-drive and it is an amazing car, easy to drive yet goes to warp-speed at the push of a pedal and does it all without drama. It handles well, bear in mind it has 365 rear tires! However when you get the power dial to 1000 it accelerates at a rate that The GTR can only dream of. Most impressive is the acceleration above 120-150mph, as that's where the sheer power comes to play and most other supercars start to slow dramatically in comparison.

The tires are £17k for four though and are only available from Bugatti. :)

·
Registered
872 Posts
Found them:

Bugatti Veyron

Tyres - £6,325 per corner AND they can only be fitted by Bugatti AND they need to be replaced every 2,500 miles (and you thought the GT-R tyres were expensive!)

Wheels - all four wheels need to be replaced every third tyre change (i.e. 7,500 miles) at a total cost of £29,900

First Service - £13,645

·
Banned
11,494 Posts
The acceleration figures:

0-30: 1.4 vs 1.8
0-40: 1.9 vs 2.4
0-50: 2.3 vs 3.1
0-60: 2.8 vs 3.9
0-70: 3.4 vs 4.8
0-80: 4.1 vs 5.9
0-90: 4.9 vs 7.1
0-100: 5.8 vs 8.4
0-110: 6.7 vs 10.0
0-120: 7.9 vs 11.7
0-130: 9.1 vs 14.2
0-140: 10.5 vs 17.2
0-150: 12.0 vs 20.6
0-160: 13.9 vs 25.3
0-170: 16.2 vs 32.8
0-180: 19.1
0-190: 23.0
0-200: 28.6

·
Registered
26 Posts
Even those BV numbers seem a little conservative to me. The father of a good friend of mine owns a veyron and actually uses his pretty regularly. His first year of ownership alone i would guess has cost him close to 90k not including any potential depreciation.

That said - even from the passenger seat it is fighter jet quick. Not experienced it at the speeds Guy has but even so, it left an indelible mark in my mind. That and the incredible cabin/interior. Never liked it much in pics but my jaw drops every time I see it in the flesh.

It cant touch the GTR for boot space though...

1 - 20 of 25 Posts