GTR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Drove from my home in Chigwell, Essex today over to Litchfields to have the Miltek Y-Pipe fitted to my R35 GT-R. The drive itself was a bloody nightmare thanks to the state of the M25 at the moment but was well worth it once i got to Litchfields. Iain is a really top bloke and very informative and answered loads of my inane questions. The fitting took no time whatsover and the whole set up feels very professional. Iain even very kindly lent me one of his cars to drive into the town to buy some lunch. All in all i am very pleased with the results and car sounds bloody awsome. Had a great blast through the tunnel at Junction 25 and scared a few people in the adjacent lanes!!! Highly recommend Litchfields to anyone who hasnt come into contact with them yet. Thanks again Iain!!!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Its great and well worth the money. Sound isnt overly loud or aggressive but is definitely louder than stock. There is a little in car boom/drone at low revs but again its not overly noticeable. Its supposed to improve throttle response but cant say ive noticed any difference there. Overall its a good mod and i think the car now sounds like it should have done straight out of the box. One last thing - i went through a tunnel on the way home and floored from 3rd up to 6th and it sounded unbelievable!!! Just a real shame that the GT-R doesnt blip the throttle on the downshifts like my M3 DCT & my CSL used to do!!!

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
Congrats on the Y pipe - a compulsory mod imho.

Did Iain talk to you about their remap?

One thing (but not 100% sure as i don't have my car yet) - I thought the throttle does "blip" if the transmission is in R mode. Perhaps you want to try that?

D

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Ordered my Y-pipe yesterday, getting fitted this weekend.

And in R mode the gearbox does blip the throttle both in A and M modes....

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have only tried R mode a couple of times - so thats why i hadnt noticed it blipping on downshift - so thanks for that heads up!!! Out of interest - what settings do most owners drive in with regard to traction/suspension etc?? The only button i engage all the time is the comfort mode. Havent had car long and havent really had many dry days to play around with the different settings - so just curious what other owners thoughts were on the different settings??

·
Registered
669 Posts
Everyone will have a way they like to set up the car, mine depends on what I am doing.

If I'm lazy I just jump in and drive.

If I want to be more involved or headed for a track I select manual & transmission R to get in the mood.

If my Wife's in the car I select comfort, not because it makes much difference, but it keeps her happy.

On the track I select RRR.

On the drag strip I select RROff

As an aside what are peoples thoughts on any value in selecting suspension Normal or Comfort for a wet track?

Rich

·
Premium Member
5,031 Posts
Yup, if I'm just using the car to get somewhere, it is fine with everything in normal, but if I want to play it's manual, R normal, R.

Suspension is too stiff for most roads in R mode I find and sometimes I even have R Comfort R!

R on the VDC is best as it doesn't interfere obtrusively.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi David - Dino gave me your number yesterday to give you a call - just havent had 5 mins to call you yet!! I met you briefly at the Ring a few months ago - i had a white E92 M3.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Zed & BHP - i live in Chigwell - if you want to drive over or meet close by i'd be happy to let you hear the Y-Pipe - let me know.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts