GTR Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Banned
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
JUST COMPLETED SOME MODIFICATIONS BY ABBEY USING SOME NEW EQUIPMENT (THAT I DON'T REALLY UNDERSTAND) SO DON'T BOTHER ASKING ME CALL MARK 01883-732331.

CHARACTRISTICS: No Shuffell, Very smooth, clean delivery, very drivable, good fuel consumption, like standard but alot quicker.

Dyno used SAS Tuning Japanese

At 0.965 bar:

452 bhp
317 1bf-ft
air temp 23 c
power at wheels 315.5bhp

At 1.325 bar

525.5 bhp
373 1bf-ft
air temp 20 c
power at wheels 386bhp

over and out

JM.

·
Banned
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you Peter, oh and by the way, sarah said she likes you, so next week is a go.

JM.

·
Banned
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Almost forgot......!

Peter whats this I here about you turning to the DARK side of the force???

May the force be with you.

OB1

·
Registered
9,034 Posts
Nope, once again you've lost me.

Great news about Sarah though, I'll look forward to it. (btw, who is she?).

·
Registered
3,467 Posts
Good Results

Pleased to hear that Jamie. Another happy man.

'Weka' has had a job done by Abbey this week and he's over the moon as well.

Don't know what their doing down their but they are definetly getting the results. Ooohhhh I'm going down their in a few hours to finalise mine so I suppose they'll try and explain it to me then :eek: .

See you Monday.

Bye for now.

glen

·
Registered
3,467 Posts
Forgot

Sorry Jamie did Abbey tell you Ronnies results on the TJ rollers last week ;) . All I can say is WOW :D .

glen

·
Registered
6,129 Posts
And Ronnies result was ???

Congrates on your results Jamie. Sounds like you're very pleased. I thought it was quick enough when you took me out in it when you first picked it up in "500bhp mode". Must be quite awesome now then.

Seeya!

·
Banned
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I heard Ronnies was awesome:)

Don't quote me but figures like 600 ps at a bar where heard and 670 plus at higher boost settings!!!!!!

I am more than happy at where my car is now and will not do much more until I blow it up! Then it will be full steel 2.8 and bigger blowers.............

Abbey are on a roll and I think there will be even more good things to come. Mark and Tony work very hard for the results and deserve the success.

Jamie.

·
Registered
3,467 Posts
Close

Jamie not ps but bhp.

Mark and Tony ain't bothered about releasing the figures as they are only on the 1st stages of mapping/development and with Mark now being able to be full-time on development things are looking good.

Poor old Abbey has had a lot of shit last year with regards to being let down by new staff, and the amazing increase in their already large customer base, but they are on top of it all now.

Nice thing Jamie is that Abbey aren't just concentrating on big bhp. They are also interested in the majority of us who can't afford/dont want, for whatever reasons, big engine jobs but want increases in power that is cost effective to our budgets and also suitable for our own needs/requirements.

Must add though Ronnies car pulls like a train and drives absolutely gorgeously. Damn I'll have to get a second job to keep up with him now :D .

glen

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
R34

I'm gald you have acheived the performance you were looking for Jamie. :cool

See you on monday.BTW. let me know how my car looks from the rear !:D

Glen.

I've forgotten what your car looks like mate.It's been soooooo long since we've seen it !:D Im won't bother to ask what you're having done for I'm sure it's 'top secret'!

Seriously though mate do you know when it's gonna been ready roughly ?Can't wait !

·
Registered
3,467 Posts
Top Secret

Watcha Paul.

No I won't have any secrets. As if.

Thing is I ain't ever not been without me car. I just prefer to drive it once in a Blue moon as it keeps me buzz going. I was down Abbeys yesterday and could have taken me car but didn't want to. Gonna wait for the nice weather me thinks :D .

See ya in the morning.

glen

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Dark Side

James please elucidate about this 'Dark side' for I am most intrigued ?:confused:
Also what MPG are you getting ?

Glen.
As I've said before to you , I don't know how you manage do go for so LONG without driving your motor .If people ask me if I take reacreational drugs I always say YES,and when they ask me what type I say GTR .They then look at me as if I'm mad until I explain ! My car is my drug .I can't bear not to drive especially after GT-Art sorted it for me ! :D .

A couple of weeks ago I spent 7 hrs cleaning and polishing it.I even got me Dremel out and started polishing the engine compartment ! When I had eventually finished it looked so nice and clean I didn't drive in case it got dirty ! This lasted for nearly a week .During that time I had bad withdrawal symptons which resulted in even more barneys with the wife !I have decided not to clean it again so well for some time .

See ya monday !

·
Registered
9,034 Posts
jamie m said:
Almost forgot......!

Peter whats this I here about you turning to the DARK side of the force???

May the force be with you.

OB1
OIC now (thanks to a kind 'darkside' member).

No, in the words of Frank, I'm doing it my way, (as I always have) with a little help from my friends!

·
Registered
3,467 Posts
"I like driving in my car"

Watcha Paul.

Personally I don't need to drive me car as much as some others may/do. It's all down to personal preference here. And just to confuse you even more the last two times it's been out, once at DD3, it's been driven by Warren. Now I bet your really confused :D .

Plus of course I ain't got as much time as you have on your hands you lucky man.

Also good to hear your pleased with your car at last and you'll be even happier when it reaches its potential of 550.

See Ya.

glen

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
LOL

Yup you know/seen why ! ;)

I think a Skyline is a piece of beauty stationary ,but even more so when in motion ! I guess a bit like women I suppose ! :D
I'm the greedy type I want the best of both worlds (Skyline worlds that is Alan,Jed,DaveW, et al ) whereby you want just the stationary type . Well that's OK I guess .

See ya Wednesday evening mate ! Over !

·
Registered
3,467 Posts
Stationary

Paul.

Suppose I'd better drive it soon or the tyres will be flat at the bottom :D .

glen

ps. Oooh I am next weekend.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts