GTR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi,

In the continuation of the tear down of this car, I am now deep into the intake system of the engine.

In doing so, I found quite excess oil in front of both turbos- rear turbo was pretty clean as far as the compressor wheel and its housing looked, but just a massive pool of oil, which seemed to be leaking down the front of the compressor after I pulled off the inlet elbow to investigate.

The front turbo compressor was just black with caked on oil. Horrible. No visible oil leak from under the turbos on the drain.

See here for photos! https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/shares/2518Q1

----

I noticed a lot of the intake system had oily bits. I know this car does not have a catch can (relatively stock set-up from what I see), and could have a bad PCV valve. It does still have the canister installed.

I want to put as much of the engine back to stock, so wanted to see if I can be given some tips as to what needs sorting to limit blow-by and keep the intake system pretty clean.

I will post pics of the turbos shortly, they are not pretty!

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
To eliminate things.

Does your car smoke excessively and spew out oil from the Rocker breathers?

If so..
Fit an aftermarket oil catch can.

Just see how much oil is collected in this over a space of time. Say a few days. If regular driving etc..

Reply with your findings

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have the rocker covers off now, but I should have everything back on this weekend to crank her over. I will report the findings.

From what I initially see, it could have just been like 10 years worth of oil, not like a weeks worth. I will re-assemble and monitor.

Thanks for the reply!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts