GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
3,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So after a very long time after selling my Civic EG6 SIR2 and full turbo kit consisting of a Garrett GT3076R etc, I'm finally going to be collecting my dream GTR on the weekend.

The first time I saw a R33 GTR was when I was 10, it was a clean silver one parked up with the Nismo decals on the bonnet. I stood still looking at the car for a while as you do and thought one day I will have one.

I found a clean silver 1996 R33 GTR V-Spec, with a recent engine rebuild by Ron at RK Tuning . I will be taking the car over to MGT Racing to be checked over just to make sure all is well, MGT are local to me which is a bonus :cool:

Anyone recommend a place where I can get a tracker fitted?

Can't wait to pick it up!:smokin::D

·
Premium Member
5,786 Posts
Well done buddy you will love it. Particularly the amount of attention you get. Not sure how outrageous your civic was, but be prepared to talk to a lot of people you don't know, particularly in petrol stations.

Enjoy and resist the temptation to thrash the life out of it everywhere you go. Atleast for the first week anyway :)

·
Registered
566 Posts
Excellent enjoy, I recommend getting a tracker go on their website and they will organise fitting and will come out to you as long as you have dry area if weather is bad:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
Congratulations, believe me, you'll love it. I've had mine 5yrs and it still puts a smile on my face! :chuckle:

·
Registered
444 Posts
Nice one fella hope you have many happy days with it

·
Registered
720 Posts
have to agree about the bonnet,i don't mind the carbon but i think they should be colour coded to the car,(my opinion of course)thats a very clean looking gtr,just take it steady with all this bad weather,and enjoy.

simon

·
Registered
3,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I prefer the original bonnet anyway, on the plus side its the aluminuim one so are the front wings and rear boot :).

Thanks Kadir, it's been a long wait but when the right car came up for sale I knew it was the one to go for! It's got a very good engine spec which i'm happy about too :D

·
Registered
175 Posts
As the others have said, welcome to the fun :) Looks like a very nice example that, looks well looked after.

Some size difference to get used to aswel from a civic EG :)

Mike

·
Premium Member
8,835 Posts
Start modifying it - you know you want to / will do !!!!

·
Registered
33 Posts
ive been keeping an eye on that one on piston heads hoping the deposit would fall through!!! lol, looks very nice, enjoy

·
Registered
3,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
Start modifying it - you know you want to / will do !!!!
Haha lol I already have plans for it! I don't know if i like the front carbon lip, nismo 400r sideskirts or the nismo400r rear bumper. So may be offering them for swaps with the standard GTR ones in the same colour, Its got a good spec for the engine, MGT will be taking care of it in future that's for sure!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts