GTR Forum banner

181 - 200 of 472 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Hi mate....

I am doing the Nurburgring/SPA back to back 2/3rd April. just wanted to check if you are there at SPA on the third as well as the 2nd?

Cheers Barry ,

Thanks for the reminder, All paid and booked.
Hope i don't prank it as I'm at SPA on the 2nd.:sadwavey::sadwavey:

Goldie

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
How are folk fitting the requires fire extinguisher?
I have mine bracketed to the base of the drivers seat Jason. I think it was from the MLR group buy last year? A better bet may be ask Pat how he did it on the cheap as I think he just stuck it the roof lining with sellotape or something similar :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
3,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #191
Japanese Performance Magazine are doing a feature on the Sprint Series in next months magazine and should hopefully be covering each of the rounds also.

There is currently a thread on PureGT promoting the Porsche/ Supercar entries so we should have a bit of competition with some nice cars.

Anybody else who expressed an interest in taking part can you get your entries in ASAP please so Darin can sort out final details.

·
Premium Member
3,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #193
Really looking forward to this. Can someone explain the format and what to expect please.
Sign on and briefing usually about 8.15-8.30. You will be led round on sighting laps by an instructor to show you the circuit. Then practice laps in the morning, one car on circuit at a time, you can have an instructor or an experienced sprinter with you. You should get about ten practice laps. Each run is timed and there is a display up showing your times. Then lunch break, followed by the competitive runs. Usually finishes about 4pm with the prize giving.

·
Vendor
490 Posts
Really looking forward to this, should be good! I've looked after quite a few of the Evo's and GTR's running in the series in the last few years and is very different to most track events.

Firstly, the load on the car is surprisingly low as it's only a single (around a minute) run, a lot less load than a track session and you can push the mapping harder than you'd think! The 'advantage' of higher horsepower is less than you'd imagine also, the stock turbo'd cars were punchier out the corners, posted quicker times and were more manageable than the high horsepower ones.

After each run, you'll then have about half an hour to work out where you can go quicker, review your settings/tyre pressures and such before your next run. The morning runs are timed but 'practice', the afternoon ones are timed and will count for your final placing.

The banter on the lead up and on the day is hilarious and always fun, certain people do take it a lot more seriously than others. The top runners have extremely capable specifically built machines, but don't worry about just turning up and 'having a go' as that's what the majority of guys do.

It IS a standing start, the GTR's do well as the launch is so clockwork and repeatable, but anyone worried about doing this for any reason should take note. However Flynn and Lawsy have run many events over 2 seasons with 15-20 launches a day with no issues (few basic transmission upgrades admittedly).

All in all, great fun, pound-per-smile value is high, look forward to seeing everyone there!

Andy

·
Registered
9,650 Posts
Please don't forget that you need to be a GTROC Member or GTROC Executive Life Member to enter this series - I am getting PM'd left, right and centre with people asking why they can't enter and that is the reason why!

·
Registered
505 Posts
Really looking forward to this, should be good! I've looked after quite a few of the Evo's and GTR's running in the series in the last few years and is very different to most track events.

Firstly, the load on the car is surprisingly low as it's only a single (around a minute) run, a lot less load than a track session and you can push the mapping harder than you'd think! The 'advantage' of higher horsepower is less than you'd imagine also, the stock turbo'd cars were punchier out the corners, posted quicker times and were more manageable than the high horsepower ones.

After each run, you'll then have about half an hour to work out where you can go quicker, review your settings/tyre pressures and such before your next run. The morning runs are timed but 'practice', the afternoon ones are timed and will count for your final placing.

The banter on the lead up and on the day is hilarious and always fun, certain people do take it a lot more seriously than others. The top runners have extremely capable specifically built machines, but don't worry about just turning up and 'having a go' as that's what the majority of guys do.

It IS a standing start, the GTR's do well as the launch is so clockwork and repeatable, but anyone worried about doing this for any reason should take note. However Flynn and Lawsy have run many events over 2 seasons with 15-20 launches a day with no issues (few basic transmission upgrades admittedly).

All in all, great fun, pound-per-smile value is high, look forward to seeing everyone there!

Andy
Best fun you can have with your clothes on :p

·
Premium Member
8,019 Posts
Great news guys, the GTROC/Litchfield Sprint Series is going ahead!
We have three confirmed dates:
Fri. 28th March Castle Combe
Sun. 1st June Blyton Park
Sun. 5th Oct Snetterton.
OK, I've managed to reshuffle all my work stuff and have just paid for all three days.

:clap:

181 - 200 of 472 Posts