GTR Forum banner

221 - 240 of 472 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,040 Posts
Funny thing is, I haven't signed up because I haven't heard back from Iain as to when my car can be booked in to be turned back into AWD!

I would have thought Saturday would be better for some? Unfortunately even if I had my car fixed by then, I would be up in Birmingham on Saturday morning.

·
Premium Member
8,019 Posts
Having not done one before my only concern is how packed it's going to be.
But yes, I can do the Saturday instead.
I was one of the people saying a Friday was a PITA with work.

I'm not worried about tyre warmers though. ;)
Being in an R32 I expect to get shown up by a lot of experienced Evo drivers...

·
Premium Member
2,517 Posts
I agree but cant have everything. Combe is quite fast so we do have a speed advantage but the slow stuff the evos will spank us. Maybe time to get my evo finished.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Shame you guys could not pull it all together but you should still have great fun on the Sat .I will be there covering the MLR Sprint so will still get some great shots of the Datsuns ;) on track

Lets hope things fair better for the other 2 dates later in the year

Steve:thumbsup:

·
Registered
9,654 Posts
Shame you guys could not pull it all together but you should still have great fun on the Sat.
I'm sure its not meant as it sounds but its hardly the fault of those entering or the club if enough people didn't sign up. After all you can't lead water to a horse :D

·
Registered
505 Posts
I'm sure its not meant as it sounds but its hardly the fault of those entering or the club if enough people didn't sign up. After all you can't lead water to a horse :D
I did not really mean it to sound anything:nervous:just saying its a shame it never happened :bawling:

Maybe the time scales were too tight it has taken years for the MLR to perfect their series :cool:

If you guys need any more material to promote the other dates don't hesitate to contact me and I will do anything I can to help

Steve:D

·
Registered
4,493 Posts
I am out because the event was scheduled for a Friday, with work and all. I have also since started our oncall rota which means that I am oncall most weekends and evenings.

·
Registered
9,654 Posts
I did not really mean it to sound anything:nervous:just saying its a shame it never happened :bawling:

Maybe the time scales were too tight it has taken years for the MLR to perfect their series :cool:

If you guys need any more material to promote the other dates don't hesitate to contact me and I will do anything I can to help

Steve:D
No worries Steve, as I said it probably wasn't meant how it sounds - that's the problem with the written word :thumbsup:
Thank you for the kind offer with the help too, I'm sure Barry shall utilise that in the future ;)

·
Premium Member
3,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #238
:-( looks like I'm out guys.

Work just emailed to say the plan is to send me to Saudi on 23rd march
That's a pity Jason, do you know when you are likely to be back as we can transfer the entry to a later round? or alternatively you can PM Speed Merchant and ask him for a refund.

221 - 240 of 472 Posts