GTR Forum banner

241 - 260 of 472 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #242
Is Round 1 still set to 28th March??
No, unfortunately there were not enough entries to justify hiring the circuit on the Fri. for just the GTRs so it is now on Sat 29th March , the same day the Evos and Scoobies are there. If you still want to enter can you contact Mechell on 08451252623 to see if there are any spaces left for the Sat.

·
Premium Member
3,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #245
Just to let you all know the first round of the GTROC/Litchfield Sprint is now taking place on Sat. 29th March Castle Combe, we have quite a few entries and if the people who PM'd me get theirs in there should be one or two rather exciting cars taking part :clap:

It is FREE for spectators to attend, cars should be on track from about 9.00am and there will be plenty of on track action as there are over 60 Evos and Subarus entered. Hopefully quite a few of you will turn up and support the GTR/Skyline entries, you will also get a chance to see what the Sprints are all about and hopefully encourage you to enter and have a go at the June 1st round at Blyton. I look forward to seeing several of you at Castle Combe on the 29th. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
505 Posts
Just to let you all know the first round of the GTROC/Litchfield Sprint is now taking place on Sat. 29th March Castle Combe, we have quite a few entries and if the people who PM'd me get theirs in there should be one or two rather exciting cars taking part :clap:

It is FREE for spectators to attend, cars should be on track from about 9.00am and there will be plenty of on track action as there are over 60 Evos and Subarus entered. Hopefully quite a few of you will turn up and support the GTR/Skyline entries, you will also get a chance to see what the Sprints are all about and hopefully encourage you to enter and have a go at the June 1st round at Blyton. I look forward to seeing several of you at Castle Combe on the 29th. :thumbsup:
Glad it was arranged for the GTR's to compete on the same day for this event :thumbsup:........................see you there :smokin:

·
Premium Member
3,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #247
Quick reminder for those entered, road tyres only, extinguisher needs to be in the car, should be MOT'd or if not yet needing an MOT at the correct standard, maximum 105db static at 4500 rpm (they are very strict at Combe so check before you get to the circuit, I'm going to ask Iain to bring some Miltek track day silencers just in case!), helmet, driving licence, and race suit recommended but not compulsory. Full details will sent out by Mechell closer to the date but if you have any queries PM me.

·
Premium Member
3,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #252
A link to whichever Fire Extinguisher meets the requirements would be handy too. :)

Does it need fixing within reach of the driver?
I'm guessing yes.
I've just spoken to Darin to clarify this as the MLR regs say 1.75kg and when I searched I couldn't find a 1.75kg extinguisher! The usual car size is 1 kg dry powder or 1.75lt aqueous foam. He is now quite happy with either of these, the cheapest is the 1kg powder which can be bought for about £20 on ebay. It should be mounted within reach of the driver.
The method for mounting I used when I took part in the MLR 30-130 was to make a plate up which was secured with heavy duty velcrose in place of the cover in the passenger footwell.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
http://www.velcro.co.uk/business/Products/~/media/Files/TargetPDFs/hook-loop-UK-web.ashx

Looks like 115N/cm^2 shear for the best mushroom stuff, about 10cm^2 in the photo, gross weight about 3kg? Then there is the glue on the velcro to the surface it is stuck to and the small screws would also worry me. A 20g crash is eminently survivable, but if you are hit in the head by 3kg extinguisher that comes loose it could ruin your day?

Can't you find a seat bracket and use a decent gauge metal mount located by some beefy bolts?

·
Premium Member
2,517 Posts
http://www.velcro.co.uk/business/Products/~/media/Files/TargetPDFs/hook-loop-UK-web.ashx

Looks like 115N/cm^2 shear for the best mushroom stuff, about 10cm^2 in the photo, gross weight about 3kg? Then there is the glue on the velcro to the surface it is stuck to and the small screws would also worry me. A 20g crash is eminently survivable, but if you are hit in the head by 3kg extinguisher that comes loose it could ruin your day?

Can't you find a seat bracket and use a decent gauge metal mount located by some beefy bolts?
I love your technical posts ;) Adhesion vs deceleration....?

It wouldn't be 3kgs at 20g's it would be 60KGS to the head at worst.

241 - 260 of 472 Posts