GTR Forum banner

301 - 320 of 472 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Here we go . . . :)

The Course:

One of the fastest courses in the MLRSS - the run starts in the pitlane before taking in almost a full lap of the 1.85mile circuit and finishing before Camp Corner

The Cars:
Regs and Additional Info:
  • Noise limit is 105 dBA static
  • Passengers can register on the day (front seat only) for a nominal charge of £10
  • All bookings will receive a PDF info pack via email the week before the event
  • Please call Pace Ward on 01782 286311 if you have any insurance queries or to arrange insurance for the day
Castle Combe Sprint Timetable:
  • 08:00 - Registration / Noise test opens (All cars that aren't noise checked before the Drivers Briefing will be checked in the line to the Start)
  • 08:45 - Driver Briefing
  • 09:00 - Sighting lap
  • 09:15 - Practice runs start
  • 09:00 to 12:00 - Class Check
  • 12:00 - Lunch
  • 12:30 - First Timed Runs start
  • 17:00 - Event closes and trophies awarded

Trophies and Points Table:
  • Trophies for the top 3 drivers from the GTR class on the day will be presented after the final run
  • The points tables and leaderboard will be updated asap after the event.

Tyre Support:
  • Steve Harkness Tyres will be supporting this round. Contact Steve on 07734 798142 if you need tyres bringing to this round or have any tyre related queries.

Additional Info:
  • Fuel: There is no fuel available on the venue, so it's a good idea to bring fuel with you. The nearest SUL is on the A420 approx 2 miles from the circuit (not Shell or BP).
  • The Tavern Restaurant will be open throughout the day for breakfast, dinner and snacks
  • Spectators are welcome and there is no charge for entry to the circuit. Note: no dogs or animals are allowed in the venue at anytime.
See you all soon!!! :smokin:

·
Premium Member
2,517 Posts
That's not just cold tyres, you turned in way too early from the middle of the track!

Yes way off line from the overtake on previous corner. You just don't get the luxury of an atom when its cold. But then again i was out to explore its cold limits. Think i found them!

·
Premium Member
3,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #307
One week to go, :clap: Hopefully everybody is ready, extinguishers fitted, helmets sorted and cars prepared. See you there next Saturday.

·
Premium Member
8,019 Posts
Ah, need to sort my fire extinguisher.
What was the recommended/acceptable one again?

EDIT:

OK, found this a few pages back and have ordered a 1kg Dry Power.

I've just spoken to Darin to clarify this as the MLR regs say 1.75kg and when I searched I couldn't find a 1.75kg extinguisher! The usual car size is 1 kg dry powder or 1.75lt aqueous foam. He is now quite happy with either of these, the cheapest is the 1kg powder which can be bought for about £20 on ebay. It should be mounted within reach of the driver.

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
I've just spoken to Darin to clarify this as the MLR regs say 1.75kg and when I searched I couldn't find a 1.75kg extinguisher! The usual car size is 1 kg dry powder or 1.75lt aqueous foam. He is now quite happy with either of these, the cheapest is the 1kg powder which can be bought for about £20 on ebay. It should be mounted within reach of the driver.
The method for mounting I used when I took part in the MLR 30-130 was to make a plate up which was secured with heavy duty velcrose in place of the cover in the passenger footwell.
Are you 100% sure on this Barry?

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
It'll be interesting to see how many runs we each get, considering the numbers.
So long as nobody drops their guts on the track or ends up in the field then it's pretty slick normally. The MLR runs it very well :thumbsup:

301 - 320 of 472 Posts