GTR Forum banner

301 - 320 of 472 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Here we go . . . :)

The Course:

One of the fastest courses in the MLRSS - the run starts in the pitlane before taking in almost a full lap of the 1.85mile circuit and finishing before Camp Corner

The Cars:
Regs and Additional Info:
  • Noise limit is 105 dBA static
  • Passengers can register on the day (front seat only) for a nominal charge of £10
  • All bookings will receive a PDF info pack via email the week before the event
  • Please call Pace Ward on 01782 286311 if you have any insurance queries or to arrange insurance for the day
Castle Combe Sprint Timetable:
  • 08:00 - Registration / Noise test opens (All cars that aren't noise checked before the Drivers Briefing will be checked in the line to the Start)
  • 08:45 - Driver Briefing
  • 09:00 - Sighting lap
  • 09:15 - Practice runs start
  • 09:00 to 12:00 - Class Check
  • 12:00 - Lunch
  • 12:30 - First Timed Runs start
  • 17:00 - Event closes and trophies awarded

Trophies and Points Table:
  • Trophies for the top 3 drivers from the GTR class on the day will be presented after the final run
  • The points tables and leaderboard will be updated asap after the event.

Tyre Support:
  • Steve Harkness Tyres will be supporting this round. Contact Steve on 07734 798142 if you need tyres bringing to this round or have any tyre related queries.

Additional Info:
  • Fuel: There is no fuel available on the venue, so it's a good idea to bring fuel with you. The nearest SUL is on the A420 approx 2 miles from the circuit (not Shell or BP).
  • The Tavern Restaurant will be open throughout the day for breakfast, dinner and snacks
  • Spectators are welcome and there is no charge for entry to the circuit. Note: no dogs or animals are allowed in the venue at anytime.
See you all soon!!! :smokin:

·
Premium Member
3,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #307
One week to go, :clap: Hopefully everybody is ready, extinguishers fitted, helmets sorted and cars prepared. See you there next Saturday.

·
Premium Member
8,019 Posts
Ah, need to sort my fire extinguisher.
What was the recommended/acceptable one again?

EDIT:

OK, found this a few pages back and have ordered a 1kg Dry Power.

I've just spoken to Darin to clarify this as the MLR regs say 1.75kg and when I searched I couldn't find a 1.75kg extinguisher! The usual car size is 1 kg dry powder or 1.75lt aqueous foam. He is now quite happy with either of these, the cheapest is the 1kg powder which can be bought for about £20 on ebay. It should be mounted within reach of the driver.

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
I've just spoken to Darin to clarify this as the MLR regs say 1.75kg and when I searched I couldn't find a 1.75kg extinguisher! The usual car size is 1 kg dry powder or 1.75lt aqueous foam. He is now quite happy with either of these, the cheapest is the 1kg powder which can be bought for about £20 on ebay. It should be mounted within reach of the driver.
The method for mounting I used when I took part in the MLR 30-130 was to make a plate up which was secured with heavy duty velcrose in place of the cover in the passenger footwell.
Are you 100% sure on this Barry?

301 - 320 of 472 Posts