GTR Forum banner

21 - 40 of 472 Posts

·
Banned
3,066 Posts
What are the noise limits for these circuits likely to be?

Also what kit is needed? I assume just a helmet and towing eye?
They vary but last seasons MLRSS was mostly 105db

All I needed this year was a helmet, fire extinguisher and towing eye..................... Also a place to put the trophy at the end of the day

·
Premium Member
3,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Ill join Barry.........if they'll have me of course :chuckle:

Have done two seasons of the MLRSS in the GTR already. Great fun, and very well ran. Some seriously quick cars compete

Put a deposit on a forged GTR today, so I'll be ready for yers

Edit: Just watched the vid. Not seen many vids of me at the sprints :thumbsup: Where did you get them from?
There's always somebody watching you Flynn! Darin made the video from the guy who was at the circuits, he asked him to put together some clips showing the GTRs in action. What's the details on the new car?

·
Banned
3,066 Posts
There's always somebody watching you Flynn! Darin made the video from the guy who was at the circuits, he asked him to put together some clips showing the GTRs in action. What's the details on the new car?
Good stuff.

All being well Im picking the car up Thursday after Iain has put it through the workshop. I didnt know about the GTR sprints until Iain mentioned it, as I was just going to go ahead with the usual MLR sprints next year anyway.

The car has a Litchfield forged engine and turbos. I think its running around 750 hp by the sounds of it.

http://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/212529-700-bhp-2009-black-edition-gtr-only-14k-miles-43k.html

Ill get some suspension for it and get the gearbox sorted over the winter. Should make a good sprint car. Stock spool, and I wont have to watch the torque figures with it being forged.

Well up for this :D

·
Banned
3,066 Posts
Some might call that cheating mate if everybody else is capped at stage IV! ;)
You do what you've got to do ;)

Having a forged engine isn't a benefit on its own. The turbos however are, but they are still stock framed ;)

Im sure barry will be making it fair for all competing

·
Premium Member
8,019 Posts
Would there maybe be two classes?
Standard turbo class and aftermarket turbo class.
Then you'll have to split out the oldies as they need a turbo swap to get closer to a stock R35.

Maybe a bhp figure around a stage 4 for one class and over that?
So

>620bhp.
<620bhp

Keep is as simple as possible.

I favour less classes and more cars per class at it breeds a bit of fun and competition.
Having numerous classes could mean only a few cars in some for some events.

I doubt my R32 with a fair amount of work and a turbo swap will be quicker than a stock R35.

·
Registered
3,500 Posts
Fantastic news:)

Would love to do this although I'd only be able to do Snetterton and wouldn't be able to commit until the month before but if I'm free and have a working car I'll be there:)

Good work Barry!!! :bowdown1:

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
Then you'll have to split out the oldies as they need a turbo swap to get closer to a stock R35.

Maybe a bhp figure around a stage 4 for one class and over that?
So

>620bhp.
<620bhp

Keep is as simple as possible.

I favour less classes and more cars per class at it breeds a bit of fun and competition.
Having numerous classes could mean only a few cars in some for some events.

I doubt my R32 with a fair amount of work and a turbo swap will be quicker than a stock R35.
ahhh yeh. Hmmm be a tricky one to get right

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Hmm. My Stage 4 with downpipes was 628bhp.
Is it best to just blanket Stage 4 + DP rather than just state a bhp figure, as it's subjective to a dyno.

21 - 40 of 472 Posts