9.Steve
10.nozza1
11.CT17
12.MattGTR750
13.Wosisnim
14.AlexJ
15. R1Mark
16. David.Yu
17. Charles Charlie (but only if at Oulton Park, sadly :( )

·
Premium Member
3,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
There has been some discussion as to class structure for the Sprint series. Initially Iain wanted to cap it at Stage 4 however this would rule out several people who are keen to compete, for example David Yu, Flynn, GTaaaaaaaaar, Chris Neeves and several of the Skyline drivers. How about two simple classes, above 630 and below, we will assume that if you have stage 4 and downpipes you are in the 630 below class. What's your thoughts guys?

·
Premium Member
5,040 Posts
There has been some discussion as to class structure for the Sprint series. Initially Iain wanted to cap it at Stage 4 however this would rule out several people who are keen to compete, for example David Yu, Flynn, GTaaaaaaaaar, Chris Neeves and several of the Skyline drivers. How about two simple classes, above 630 and below, we will assume that if you have stage 4 and downpipes you are in the 630 below class. What's your thoughts guys?
That sounds fair. As Chris said, power isn't the main factor in sprinting anyway.

As for the Skylines, why shouldn't it be the same for them? There are some running above 630hp and they're not that much lighter as standard.

·
Registered
689 Posts
That sounds fair. As Chris said, power isn't the main factor in sprinting anyway.

As for the Skylines, why shouldn't it be the same for them? There are some running above 630hp and they're not that much lighter as standard.
I was just thinking the guys with stock cars wanting to compete maybe at a bit of a disadvantage

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Stock turbo group and modified turbo group basically? For the r35 I mean.

Skyline I'd say 550+ would join modified turbo r35 and 550 and under is the standard r35 turbo group

·
Registered
2,072 Posts

Standard turbos and aftermarket turbo classes for R35s?

I think there is two many variations of Stage 4. Some tuners have stage 4.25 claiming 620hp and 4.50 claiming 650hp. So doing the cut off at 630hp would, to be me anyway cause debate in the long run. I could be completely wrong though.

·
Banned
3,066 Posts
Indeed. It's the competing that matters. I'd like to suggest a skyline class, and a R35 class. There are plenty of cars with modified turbos. Will be difficult to scrutinise if they are standard turbos with a upgraded wheel.

Having larger turbos is a advantage in the straights, but a disadvantage out the bends due to lag. I don't see the big 1000hp dragsters being able to compete with a stage 4 because of this.

If you really have to split the r35 into classes, then I'd suggest a stock framed turbos class, and an aftermarket turbo class. Otherwise it will be too difficult to scrutinise.

Your thoughts :)

·
Premium Member
8,019 Posts
Indeed. It's the competing that matters. I'd like to suggest a skyline class, and a R35 class. There are plenty of cars with modified turbos. Will be difficult to scrutinise if they are standard turbos with a upgraded wheel.

Having larger turbos is a advantage in the straights, but a disadvantage out the bends due to lag. I don't see the big 1000hp dragsters being able to compete with a stage 4 because of this.

If you really have to split the r35 into classes, then I'd suggest a stock framed turbos class, and an after markets turbo class. Otherwise it will be too difficult to scrutinise.

Your thoughts :)
Simple. Perfect. :bowdown1:

·
Premium Member
3,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #72
Flynn's far too modest to point out that he beat GTaaar with his car running just over 600bhp and I think George had well over 800bhp, so power isn't everything. Are the Stage 4 guys happy to go up against the stage 5 guys in the same class? Personally I think a well driven stage 4 with a good brake set up will be equal to the stage5 cars on the sprint circuits. The Skyline drivers will need to agree a similar structure otherwise it will end up with too many classes, I would prefer a maximum of two classes in total.

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
It gets very tricky.

GT-R R35 with 2 classes would be spot on.

As for the Skylines, I'm not completely in the know of the majority of tuning done with them. But going by the seeming lack on interest on the skyline thread.

In the case of both you may need to have a set of rough guide line set out and then work on them after the first couple of rounds

·
Premium Member
3,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #75
If you want two classes it seems quite obvious considering Skylines and GT-Rs are so fundamentally different.
Personally I would prefer no classes, everybody up against each other,as it is only three rounds it's not that important, I don't think Martin Whitmarsh will be on the phone to the winner asking if they would like to drive for McLaren the following year! Then maybe tweak the rules for the following year if it appears the more powerful cars have a significant advantage. The important thing is it is a bit of fun with a competitive edge and will allow a social meet up the previous evening and give the GTROC a great opportunity to stuff the Porsche fanboys.

·
Premium Member
3,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #77
If you would like to see some more action from the 2013 Sprints search YouTube for 2013 Pace Ward MLR Sprint series, there was a video produced for each round at the different circuits.

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
If you would like to see some more action from the 2013 Sprints search YouTube for 2013 Pace Ward MLR Sprint series, there was a video produced for each round at the different circuits.
:GrowUp::GrowUp: I spend my time back from offshore watching those videos...... cough :chuckle::chuckle:

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
1.ben15476
2.goldgtr35
3.Ja5on
4.BND
5.Tin
6.manjit
7.A[email protected]
8.Flynn
9.Steve
10.nozza1
11.CT17
12.MattGTR750
13.Wosisnim
14.AlexJ
15. R1Mark
16. David.Yu
17. Charles Charlie (but only if at Oulton Park, sadly :( )
18. git-r (Snetterton only)

Sam got left out :)

That's 3 R32 Skylines for starters, there are couple of other handy skylines that would probably be interest if they have their attention drawn to this thread I think.

61 - 80 of 472 Posts