GTR Forum banner

81 - 100 of 472 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #83
:GrowUp::GrowUp: I spend my time back from offshore watching those videos...... cough :chuckle::chuckle:
They're are probably not the only videos you watch if you have been offshore on an oil rig with no women for several weeks at a time Jason.:eek:

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
They're are probably not the only videos you watch if you have been offshore on an oil rig with no women for several weeks at a time Jason.:eek:
Hahaha. :chairshot :chairshot

I won't let my wife read that, she works offshore too

·
Premium Member
3,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #85
Just bringing this back to the top in case some forum users have not seen it yet. From looking at this list and the one on the Skyline thread I reckon we have probably got about 20 entries, I think we will probably need a few more, however it will depend on the Porsche numbers also. If anybody is unsure about signing up get in touch with Flynn and he will tell you all about the Sprint series as he competed this year. Hopefully this will have a few more names before Christmas so we can get it launched at the Autosport show, we have already had some interest from one of the Jap car mags who contacted the club wanting to run a feature on the Sprint series. The more names the more likely it is to go ahead. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
269 Posts
1.ben15476
2.goldgtr35
3.Ja5on
4.BND
5.Tin
6.manjit
[email protected]
8.Flynn
9.Steve
10.nozza1
11.CT17
12.MattGTR750
13.Wosisnim
14.AlexJ
15. R1Mark
16. David.Yu
17. Charles Charlie (but only if at Oulton Park, sadly )
18. git-r (Snetterton only)
19. Aki-gtr

·
Premium Member
3,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #87 (Edited)
I've had a look at the list on the Skyline and the GT-R sections of the forum and combined them together to get an idea of total numbers. I've currently left aki off as it looks like he will be selling his car and also Charlie as Darin from MLR had not intended originally to hire Oulton for a second day as it is the rally course and is not really suitable for us and the Porsche boys. If you are reading this and have now decided to get involved please sign up or come and have a chat at the Autosport show.
1.tarmacterror
2.nozza1
3.johnnyG
4.CT17
5.MarkM3
6.ITST
7.AlexJ
8.ATCO
9.johnnypolish
[email protected]
11.VernonJones
12.Pureskyline
13.ben15476
14.goldgtr35
15.Ja5on
16.BND
17.Tin
18.manjit
[email protected] (assuming he hasn't bought a Bavarian wagon by then!)
20.Flynn
21.Steve
22.MattGTR750
23.Wosisnam
24.R1Mark
25.David Yu
26.git-r

·
Premium Member
3,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #89
If your running a non standard turbo class Barry count me in.
I think to ensure we get enough entries for the first year there shouldn't be a limit on whether the car has modified turbos or not. Several of those who have signed up have sgnificantly modified cars so we will see how it pans out in 2014 and maybe tweak the rules the following year with different classes. If I can persuade Iain to buy some trophies for the GT-Rs and Skylines that would be good, however the final details will need to be looked at when Darin is happy that he has enough cars to justify hiring the circuit for a second day.

·
Registered
423 Posts
I think to ensure we get enough entries for the first year there shouldn't be a limit on whether the car has modified turbos or not. Several of those who have signed up have sgnificantly modified cars so we will see how it pans out in 2014 and maybe tweak the rules the following year with different classes. If I can persuade Iain to buy some trophies for the GT-Rs and Skylines that would be good, however the final details will need to be looked at when Darin is happy that he has enough cars to justify hiring the circuit for a second day.
Sound's cool Barry if it turns out anything like the MLR series it will be great, just hope a lot of the people who have put there names down actually do sign up once it's organised :thumbsup:

·
Banned
3,066 Posts
I've had a quick look at the list on the Skyline thread and the list on the GT-R thread and tried to combine them together to get an idea of numbers. If you are still thinking of signing up please do so as soon as possible or come and have a chat at the Autosport show in Jan.
1.tarmacterror
2.nozza1
3.johnnyG
4.CT17
5.MarkM3
6.ITST
7.AlexJ
8.ATCO
9.Johnnypolish
[email protected]
11.VernonJones
12.Purleskyline
13.ben15476
14.goldgtr35
15.Ja5on
16.BND
17.Tin
18.manjit
[email protected]
20.Flynn
21.Steve
22.MattGTR750
23.Wosisnam
24.R1Mark
25.David Yu
26.git-r
Any numbers back from the Porsche lot? Any ideas on the classes yet?

Oh, and Ive paid up for a membership, as Im assuming that will be a prerequisite

Oulton uses the rally track for the sprints, it is very slippery and quite narrow, not the actual race circuit. Darin felt it was not really a suitable track for the GTRs although Flynn has competed here at this years sprint with his R35.

In my opnion, no point doing the Oulton drift circuit in a GTR. Its a right pig to get around, and wasn't any fun. Just too heavy.

I think a better driver could have got the lump round a few seconds quicker, especially if they arent bothered about breaking it. (Id only had my GTR a month, thats my excuse anyway :))

PDF of times 2012 Oulton MLRSS below. At least I wasnt dead last ;)

http://www.lancerregister.com/downloads/2012 Rd2 All Competitive.pdf

I competed in the M3 in 2013 as wasnt much better. Alot more fun though, it has to be said. My favourite track is Blyton :)

·
Premium Member
3,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #92
Any numbers back from the Porsche lot? Any ideas on the classes yet?

Oh, and Ive paid up for a membership, as Im assuming that will be a prerequisite
Flynn, I've just sent Darin a text to let him know the current GTROC numbers and I've also asked him how it's coming along with the Porsche guys, currently waiting to hear back. We would like to get the go ahead prior to Autosport so we can get some dates on the calendar and do a launch of the series with some publicity. I think classes will probably be shelved for the first year, as long it's got an MOT and is on road tyes you can enter, however I need to have another chat with Iain to see if he's ok with this. Yes, you will need to be a GTROC member.

·
Premium Member
8,019 Posts
Will there be a guest slot like on the MLR event for people who want to have a bit of fun in another car?

I wouldn't mind taking my Citigo round later in the year.
If it's allowed of course.

·
Banned
3,066 Posts
Will there be a guest slot like on the MLR event for people who want to have a bit of fun in another car?

I wouldn't mind taking my Citigo round later in the year.
If it's allowed of course.
I want to go around in some roller skates, so maybe we would be in the same class

;)

·
Banned
3,066 Posts
Flynn, I've just sent Darin a text to let him know the current GTROC numbers and I've also asked him how it's coming along with the Porsche guys, currently waiting to hear back. We would like to get the go ahead prior to Autosport so we can get some dates on the calendar and do a launch of the series with some publicity. I think classes will probably be shelved for the first year, as long it's got an MOT and is on road tyes you can enter, however I need to have another chat with Iain to see if he's ok with this. Yes, you will need to be a GTROC member.
Thats a good idea. After a season it will give a good indication of what separates the cars.

Looking forward to it already

·
Banned
3,066 Posts
RA

How much are the pre and post Nissan checks? Would love to do something like this, but cash is pretty tight lol
It's no harder on the car than a spirited drive out and about.

You're running for about a minute, then resting for half and hour. No more than 16 runs in a day. Normally get about 6 practice, 6 competitive. A trackday where you are doing lap after lap is a lot harder on the car.

Morning is used for practice, then competitive laps start after dinner.

Even if your not the fastest out there, you aren't just trying to beat other people, but also trying to better you own time.

You also haven't got to worry about any other gimpoids in their saxos running you off the track. ;) just yourself to blame....or your tyres.......suspension etc...etc...:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
It's no harder on the car than a spirited drive out and about.

You're running for about a minute, then resting for half and hour. No more than 16 runs in a day. Normally get about 6 practice, 6 competitive. A trackday where you are doing lap after lap is a lot harder on the car.

Morning is used for practice, then competitive laps start after dinner.

Even if your not the fastest out there, you aren't just trying to beat other people, but also trying to better you own time.

You also haven't got to worry about any other gimpoids in their saxos running you off the track. ;) just yourself you blame....or your tyres.......suspension etc...etc...:thumbsup:
So the checks aren't required and no fluid changes are required?

Also after it I wont be thinking "f**k i need new tyres and new brakes"?

Never done any track related things so pretty new to it all :)

81 - 100 of 472 Posts