GTR Forum banner

101 - 120 of 472 Posts

·
Banned
3,066 Posts
Don't get me wrong. It's good to look after your car. I change my gearbox oil regular and make sure the car is service and checked over, but I'd do that anyway, as most people would.

Youre driving the car hard for no more than 16 minutes, with a half and hour rest in between each minute, d if your worried about scrubbing up your tyres, then buy some part worns. A trackday your doing lap after lap. It's not comparable

·
Banned
3,066 Posts
R888s everytime. Easily worth a couple of seconds over the Bridgestone. Can't comment on the mpss yet, not had them long enough. Once I've tried them out on track, ill share the coolness

·
Premium Member
3,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #107
Updated list.
1.tarmacterror
2.nozza1
3.johnnyG
4.CT17
5.MarkM3
6.ITST
7.AlexJ
8.ATCO
9.johnnypolish
[email protected]
11.VernonJones
12.Pureskyline
13.ben15476
14.goldgtr35
15.Ja5on
16.BND
17.Tin
18.manjit
[email protected] (assuming he hasn't bought a Bavarian wagon by then!)
20.Flynn
21.Steve
22.MattGTR750
23.Wosisnam
24.R1Mark
25.David Yu
26.git-r
27.wmd gtr
28.nurburgringgtr
29.GTaaaaaaaarrrrrr
30.grahamc

·
Premium Member
3,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #108
Great news guys, the GTROC/Litchfield Sprint Series is going ahead!
We have three confirmed dates:
Fri. 28th March Castle Combe
Sun. 1st June Blyton Park
Sun. 5th Oct Snetterton.

If you wish to enter the other MLR Sprint rounds you can do so as a "Guest" if they have spare places available, these dates are:
Sat. 29th March Castle Combe
Sat. 26th April Oulton Rally track
Sat. 31st May Blyton Park
Sat 28th June Hethel
Sat 30th Aug Teeside

Regs and final details will be published later however a couple of things to be thinking about, cars must have a current MOT however they can be trailered to the event. Road tyres must be used with no tyre softeners added, you can use Toyo R888 and Yoko AD08s as they are road tyres. Helmets are compulsory and fireproof overalls are recommended. Car must have an extinguisher fitted which can be reached by the driver in the event of an incident.
I will be at the Autosport Show on all four days on the GTROC stand in Hall 19, if you want a chat about the series drop by and say hello.

·
Banned
3,066 Posts
Indeed they do. Ran my gtr for 2 years in the sprints and best I've managed is 9th I think.

I've had 11(?) different evos so far. No doubt another soon.

What spec is yours

·
Premium Member
2,517 Posts
Evo 6 RS, 899KGS target, Drenth Sequential, Momentum frames, 2.3 approx 480bhp super quick spool, plated all round. Should be very quick when finished but remains to be seen.

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
Great news guys, the GTROC/Litchfield Sprint Series is going ahead!
We have three confirmed dates:
Fri. 28th March Castle Combe
Sun. 1st June Blyton Park
Sun. 5th Oct Snetterton.

If you wish to enter the other MLR Sprint rounds you can do so as a "Guest" if they have spare places available, these dates are:
Sat. 29th March Castle Combe
Sat. 26th April Oulton Rally track
Sat. 31st May Blyton Park
Sat 28th June Hethel
Sat 30th Aug Teeside

Regs and final details will be published later however a couple of things to be thinking about, cars must have a current MOT however they can be trailered to the event. Road tyres must be used with no tyre softeners added, you can use Toyo R888 and Yoko AD08s as they are road tyres. Helmets are compulsory and fireproof overalls are recommended. Car must have an extinguisher fitted which can be reached by the driver in the event of an incident.
I will be at the Autosport Show on all four days on the GTROC stand in Hall 19, if you want a chat about the series drop by and say hello.
I didn't realise these events were going to be held on separate days to the MLRSS Barry. To be honest, the Saturday events suit me better.

·
Premium Member
5,040 Posts
Yeah I didn't reckon on a weekday event. Can't make the first one on Friday 28th March.

Mind you, I don't know when my car is going in to get its 4WD fixed at Iain's yet anyway.

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
Evo 6 RS, 899KGS target, Drenth Sequential, Momentum frames, 2.3 approx 480bhp super quick spool, plated all round. Should be very quick when finished but remains to be seen.
899kgs :eek: That will be ballistic but how on earth will you take all that weight out?

101 - 120 of 472 Posts