GTR Forum banner

Exciting new development for the GTROC. Watch this video!

27K views 471 replies 52 participants last post by  barry P. 
#1 ·
Link to Video:

2014 GTROC Sprint Series Promo - YouTube

Hopefully the video will have given you an idea of an exciting new series for 2014.
I recently had a meeting with Darin Frow of the Mitsubishi Lancer Register, they have been running a very successful Sprint Series for the last seven years, during this time a few GTRs have entered in the Guest class however GTROC and Darin would like to set up a proper series for the GTROC. The Evo series will continue but if we can get enough people interested Darin will run a second day at the same venue for GTROC members. You could also do the previous day in the guest class if you wished. Hire of circuits is very expensive so it is likely the second day will also feature entries from a Porsche club, I am sure there will be some healthy competition between the GTROC and the Porsche owners!
Currently we are looking at three circuits, these will probably be Snetterton, Blyton and Castle Combe, the other circuits on the one day events are likely to be Oulton, Kames, Hethel and Teeside. Entry fees are going to be around £130 per meeting and Iain Litchfield has kindly agreed to sponsor the series with some trophies for each round and an end of season award. He will also have a Litchfield technical support team at each round.
I have discussed with both Iain and Roger a class structure, it was felt that the R35s should have a Stage 4 plus downpipe limit to try and keep costs down and road tyres only to be used, no super sticky sprint slicks. The Skylines should be capped at 600 Flywheel BHP.
If you would be interested in getting involved in this next year please add your names to a list below, obviously this will only run if we can get enough entries to cover the cost of hiring the circuit for a second day.

See less See more
#3 ·
Having been involved with the MLR sprints for years, it would be great to see the GTR series take off.
Whilst most people are a bit worried about how they will fare in competition (normally because of bruised egos :D) I dont know anyone who hasnt been hooked after giving it a go. Pannels for the GTR are a bit more expensive than an Evo haha! But accidents are very rare and you an normally get full insurance through Pace Ward.

#10 ·
I'd be interested ...

#12 ·
This is very interesting, I was thinking about sprints& hill climbs a couple of months ago, but thought you needed to go through the steps to get a race licence.

Would this be the case here? Or as its a closed event/series, rules are different?

#20 · (Edited)
Ill join Barry.........if they'll have me of course :chuckle:

Have done two seasons of the MLRSS in the GTR already. Great fun, and very well ran. Some seriously quick cars compete

Put a deposit on a forged GTR today, so I'll be ready for yers

Edit: Just watched the vid. Not seen many vids of me at the sprints :thumbsup: Where did you get them from?

#31 ·
Then you'll have to split out the oldies as they need a turbo swap to get closer to a stock R35.

Maybe a bhp figure around a stage 4 for one class and over that?
So

>620bhp.
<620bhp

Keep is as simple as possible.

I favour less classes and more cars per class at it breeds a bit of fun and competition.
Having numerous classes could mean only a few cars in some for some events.

I doubt my R32 with a fair amount of work and a turbo swap will be quicker than a stock R35.

#38 ·
Hmm. My Stage 4 with downpipes was 628bhp.
Is it best to just blanket Stage 4 + DP rather than just state a bhp figure, as it's subjective to a dyno.

#45 ·
Count me in.

I did most rounds of the javelin toyota sprint series class x for non toyotas last year. Sprinting is great fun. Will be good to have some competition. To go quick in the gtr on a sprint it's all about brakes and suspension so I wouldn't get hung up on power. The less class's the better, overall, 35's and skylines..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.