GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
GTROC Co-Founder.
6,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am selling my Exedy clutch from my 32, (therefore I believe its a push type).

I have had to upgrade due to bigger turbos, but this clutch rated at ~400lbft I think, but held onto the 420lbft that my car used to
put out without any issue, so its ideally suited for and stage 1 or 2 car with a boost upgrade, (upto 1.5 bar or ~500hp as I found).

As you can see from the photos there is very little/no wear, and barely bed in.

I am looking for £170 for a quick sale.

·
GTROC Co-Founder.
6,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Wish I could find some definite specs of this clutch online
All I can say is it held onto my 420lbft & 500bhp with out even missing a beat or any sign of slippage.

What spec are you running? Close to the figures above?

·
Registered
156 Posts
What does this drive like ? My cars a daily driver and others have told me not to get a paddle clutch but i need something that will hold 450hp.

Can you shed any light on this ?

·
GTROC Co-Founder.
6,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
What does this drive like ? My cars a daily driver and others have told me not to get a paddle clutch but i need something that will hold 450hp.

Can you shed any light on this ?
In all honesty I wish there was a clutch that could take higher torque figures and still feel like a stock clutch, I've had 2 now and neither have met that criteria.

The take up on this clutch sharper with a narrower biting point, (but it is better than the clutch that I have had to go to in order to take 500+lb/ft which I was told would feel like stock. :rolleyes: )
But it won't require you to dial up 3000 revs and kangeroo away like someone taking their driving test. It can be slipped once you've got your left leg dialed in

Pulling away takes a little to be getting used to and if you use your car in heavy traffic your leg will get a workout as its slightly heavier.

But at the end of the day, if you NEED a clutch up grade, these are the issues you WILL have to face.

·
GTROC Co-Founder.
6,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
Registered
95 Posts

Since there seems to be some doubt.

This is a push clutch. You can tell by the lack of a metal ring on the ends of the "fingers"

1 - 20 of 22 Posts