GTR Forum banner

Exhaust advice needed!!

1K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  matty32 
#1 ·
Long story short:

Can this

(Kakimoto Racing Full Mega N1 - Full Dual jobbie for an R32)

Be made to fit an R33? and how difficult would it be??

The general consensus from people in the know seems to be that an R32 version is shorter than an R33 version … I don’t want to go about butchering a perfectly good system to make it fit my car if it is going to be a massive headache/expense…

Advice/your 2 cents worth would be very very much appreciated :thumbsup:

See less See more
#4 ·
anything can be made to fit...

but if your on a budget, what you have to look at that will make it easier and cheaper is... Does it run along the same route, and attach in the same areas as the one thats on there already? If yes then its going to be an easy fit. If its shorter an extension is easy enough to get made up. Regards, The Freak

#5 ·
anything can be made to fit...
This is very true. and there is some slight issue of budget involved (I've put a little aside for this, but dont want to go spending silly money)...

I know that to make an R32 system fit an R33, one (or more?) of the hangers has to be 'modified' - but again this is with a single pipe system, so I assume this would be the same with a 'dual' like the above. As for the lengths - I'm firmly in the dark lol!!

#6 ·
exhaust

as you mentioned, it shouldn't be too hard or expensive to get some hangers welded on in the right places, especially if you've got a mate who can do it free or cheaply for you.
Regards, The Freak

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.