GTR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Dual Drager that seems to be drunk. Where the tailpipes are, the left hand pipe is dropping while the right hand one is touching the top of the cut out.

Can this be easily remedied or is it a symptom of something obscure, strange & costly?

·
Registered
9,548 Posts
sounds like a shagged bush to me. Have a look underneath and see which mounting point the tilt could be coming from. replace the bushes with harder ones maybe...there are lots to choose from

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
It may have just came off one of the rear rubber mountings or, this is not unusuall with S/S exhausts, its not clamped tight enough where it meets the center section and is rotating around that point.

Of course if its like a lot of HKS exhausts and uses a bolted flange to attach its sections feel free to ignore what I have just written :p

·
Registered
9,034 Posts
Jae,

Ditto Crail, check all the rubber mounts are on, if they are, assuming the exhaust isn't bent, it's easy to adjust the tailpipe, just loosen the bolts to the cat or cat pipe, get somebody to twist the tailpipe round to the right position and tighten them up again. You may need to do both sides of the cat/pipe is it's really pi55ed...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts