GTR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey all,

my sister's boyfriend amdy, he was at Hickstead in his pulsar, he was the one banging out tunes.
well he wants a new exhaust, he wants a straight thru like the mongoose, am i right in sayin that the mongoose has no backbox? stupid question really, STRAIGHT THRU!!!
any ideas? or recomendations of custom exhaust makers?

he is also after some EBC brake pads and dics, just wondering if any of u know any ppl can get them cheaper than £175 for the discs and £35.00 for the pads so a total of £210.00.

he is quite strapped for cash at the mo as he aint got a job, Cheers.

Ryan

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Go for the mongoose...

But not the discs and pads, the EBC stuff I used to have on mine was useless and a waste of money. A mate works for a pug dealership and got me some cheap 10 quid pads and they were far better!!!

Luke

·
Registered
6,129 Posts
To be honest, if he's just after a very cheap quick fix, then mate the EBC discs with a better pad - ferrodo or mintex.

Personally, brakes are the one thing that i wouldn't go cheap on. I first bought some black diamond combi discs and EBC pads as i thought they'd be a good upgrade from what i'd read. They were ok, but not great. Sold them on when i went for my big brake conversion. The guy cleaned them up and mated the discs with a much better pad, and was really impressed with them. MUCH better than standard he reckoned.

If it was me though, i'd be spending as much as i could afford on brakes. Hi-Spec do some good kits and their prices are very good. Martin Bell on the GTI-R list is the man to speak to as he can do them at a reduced price...which is what you are looking for.

With regard to exhausts, yes the mongoose does have a small silencer - mine was under the drivers seat where the cat was...but this got junked for a de-cat pipe....nice !

If you don't want it as loud as the 'goose, but still want a nice straight through system, go for the scorpion kit. Same basic idea, but a fair bit quieter. Nice exhaust note though apparently.

Hope this helps.
Daz

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
PAGID

hey guys, cheers for the answers, another question, are Pagid discs and pads any good?
HiTeq's 4 pot conversion is pretty cheap are they any good?

cheers for previous help
ryan

p.s do their prices include VAT?

·
Registered
14 Posts
why dont you get some AP'S mate 6pots for the front and 4s at the back .Theres more screetcred in APS than anything else plus they are the best :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts