GTR Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there anything I can buy (cover or small plate etc..) to cover up these unsightly marks ?
The car is wine red, so the dark marks really show up and spoil what is otherwise a wonderful body ( think Nel McAndrew and you get the picture !)
Carbon would look good. Or black, then it wouldn't show as much.
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
26,315 Posts
JapSalon fit extenions pipes to exhausts if you wish. It wont cure the problem but it will make a difference. Other than that Jif is always good (Cif if you bought some recently :D)

·
Registered
30 Posts
g10 or g3 can be good just dont rub toooo hard, either that or i use autoglym as soon as i get home to take it off.....sorted

·
Registered
553 Posts
JapSalon fit extenions pipes to exhausts if you wish. It wont cure the problem but it will make a difference. Other than that Jif is always good (Cif if you bought some recently :D)
Ahh yes your ancient bottle of Jif,

Still 3/4 full, John ;) :p :)

Sev

·
Registered
4,962 Posts
There are those who wear the burns proudly...

·
Registered
594 Posts
Im so proud of mine the bumper now needs painting lol!!

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
My mate Staffie has a plate riveted to his bumper, looks cool too...

Mines got burn marks on it of late.

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
g10 or g3 can be good just dont rub toooo hard, either that or i use autoglym as soon as i get home to take it off.....sorted
I REALLY wouldn't recommend G3, and only G10 if its really badly burnt in.

Any decent car polish should work, then a coat of wax should protect the paintwork and make it easier to remove the marks in future.

A plate would be ok, but on mine even the rear lights clearly covered in the 'soot', so it'd have to be a big plate to protect it completely.

Alex B

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for all your answers.
Leggus, was the plate an off the shelf product or made specially ?

·
Registered
8,543 Posts
I REALLY wouldn't recommend G3
Yeah, I used the stuff to rub down some touch-ups I had done. Bugger me if it didnt take half the surrounding paint with it. And no, I wasnt rubbing it like a virgin trying to stimulate his first conquest :chuckle: :chuckle:

TT

·
Registered
4,962 Posts
They use the colour of the burn mark to judge fuel mapping here. :smokin:

·
Premium Member
8,829 Posts
Petrol to take the "filth" off, then tee cut and then polish (Auto Glym)

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I've just done it with Jif/Cif and it worked a treat. Some remaining marks but they're from the heat, not the discharge
Thanks all.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts