GTR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All, just want to query something. I know if I change exhausts I should remap but Ill explain why I dont want to in the interim and how much of a problem would it pose (is the question).
First up Im changing my exhaust from a Litchfield Decat 102mm to an Akrapovic exhaust of the same spec (e.g. decat and 102mm approx).

The car is a stage 4.25.

I live about 200+ miles round trip to Litchfield. I intend to further upgrade the car later in the year and didnt want to do the round trip, plus cost to Litchfield since I will be upgrading the car later in the year but I wanted to change the exhaust now and sell on (as I also prefer the sound of the Akrapovic).

So do you think this will cause any issues? I know it would be better to map it but for the situation Ive mentioned what do you think. Note I wont be tracking it in that time period either.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Aha thanks for that and yes I do
How does that work? I run it with new exhaust send a file or something?

·
Premium Member
189 Posts
Aha thanks for that and yes I do
How does that work? I run it with new exhaust send a file or something?
Yes install the new exhaust, do some data logging, then send to Litchfield and if required they will tweak the map and send it back to you for you to install. If you give Litchfield a ring they will sort you out.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes install the new exhaust, do some data logging, then send to Litchfield and if required they will tweak the map and send it back to you for you to install. If you give Litchfield a ring they will sort you out.
Excellent thanks will do

1 - 5 of 5 Posts