GTR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello all
After a lot of research, I've come down to 2 exhausts which will be least drones (i think).

1. IPE valvetronic / OR armytrix valvetronic.

2. Just spoke to Adam @ Litchfield and he tells me that their 102mm exhaust is very good, he also tells me that it has no more drone than the stock exhaust.

I want the best of both worlds really, a nice loud exhaust with a good sound but no drone on the motorway..

if anyone could help that would be great, cheers

·
Registered
2,483 Posts
You heard Adamantium's car on the Litchfield video? 102mm is the way to go for how it allows the power to come on.

I have 102mm and there's no way I'd go to anything smaller now.

·
Premium Member
1,550 Posts
You heard Adamantium's car on the Litchfield video? 102mm is the way to go for how it allows the power to come on.

I have 102mm and there's no way I'd go to anything smaller now.
This - makes me want to spend for the same exhaust!

·
Registered
511 Posts
hello all
After a lot of research, I've come down to 2 exhausts which will be least drones (i think).

1. IPE valvetronic / OR armytrix valvetronic.

2. Just spoke to Adam @ Litchfield and he tells me that their 102mm exhaust is very good, he also tells me that it has no more drone than the stock exhaust.

I want the best of both worlds really, a nice loud exhaust with a good sound but no drone on the motorway..

if anyone could help that would be great, cheers
I'll show you the MeisterR exhaust since you are only in Canterbury, but the car is away at the moment.

The problem with exhaust is that all exhaust drone, it is a matter of how much and where (what RPM).
What we learn from building the MeisterR exhaust is that the GTR exhaust are very sensitive to exhaust flow speed, putting in a resonator actually INCREASE drone at motorway speed in some cases.

I can say our un-resonated exhaust do not have a lot of drone at motorway speed, but then everyone is a bit different so you really have to hear it yourself to see.

Jerrick

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'll show you the MeisterR exhaust since you are only in Canterbury, but the car is away at the moment.

The problem with exhaust is that all exhaust drone, it is a matter of how much and where (what RPM).
What we learn from building the MeisterR exhaust is that the GTR exhaust are very sensitive to exhaust flow speed, putting in a resonator actually INCREASE drone at motorway speed in some cases.

I can say our un-resonated exhaust do not have a lot of drone at motorway speed, but then everyone is a bit different so you really have to hear it yourself to see.

Jerrick
when is your car back mate?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts