GTR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,580 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car has just failed it,s first MOT test 98 uk car for fast idle CO test should be <0.3 % vol but tested at 0.78 % vol.

Due to the fact it has a HKS SUPER DRAGER exhaust with cat removed and an HKS induction kit along with other mods carried out by MH for previous owner.

I have been told I either need to put the original exhaust and cat back on (which I have in the loft) or introduce an airleak? any suggestions please.

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Cat replacement.

hi,

You should be ok if you just put on the Cat pipe, this is why it is a separate piece.

Not had to MOT mine yet but this is what I plan to do.

Don't go "introducing air leaks ".

Regards
Steve

·
Registered
9,034 Posts
Steve's dead right. Just get them to put the cat in and you'll be fine. I had mine MOT'd for the first time this year and I did try leaning her right off to get through the emissions test but it still failed without the cat.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Put it back

Did the same thing last summer just put the cat back for the inspection, passed no problem.

I’m going to buy an American 3inch diameter free flow cat next year. I’ll let everyone know how it works. Details at http://www.jcwhitney.com/item.jhtml?ITEMID=3870

They only cost $120 each plus you need to have the ends welded on but it shouldn’t be much more than a cat bypass tube and the same flow rate with the advantage that you don’t have to keep changing it for the inspection.

Paul.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts