GTR Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This might seem daft but i have a new exhaust system arriving from the states soon, its the Injen ses dual exhaust. Who would you regard as best to fit it, would it be the local exhaust centre, the local Nissan dealer or a mechanic. Or is there anyone that could recomend someone in Essex.
Thanks

·
Registered
348 Posts
i had mine done not long ago and the only problem was the old bolts, an absolute bugger to get offf. i will say that you need somewhere with a lift, i have a mate who owns his own garage and i did it there very easy to do once the old bolts are off..:smokin:

·
Registered
8,548 Posts
Why not try RK Tuning?? Theyre in Benfleet IIRC.

TT

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks,
Not confident doing it myself plus i want to keep the stock exhaust as nothing wrong with it. I will give RK Tuning a ring for a price, hopefully their not to busy, i live near Chelmsford so only 10 mins away.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Fit it yourself - will save you about 80 quid and you can check for leaks when you are under.
Like i say not done it before but if i did is it as simple as a bolt on jobby or is there gaskets and jointing paste that you need to use. Its the bit up to the manifold that most concerns me.
This system is costing me about £700 with duty and shipping so i guess £80 isnt that bad. But i will watch and learn for next time ;)

·
Registered
348 Posts
i had never done it before,,.
think of it as a bolt on lego kit.,., undo the bolts take the old one off
and put the new one on.,. and yes you do need to put te gaskets on and if the kit cost you £700 then the gaskets should have come with it, it is so simple even i did it:chuckle: :chuckle:
if the old bolts are a bugger to get off then cut them off its not worth the hassel trying to keep them
go on save £80 and put it in the tank:smokin:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts