GTR Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What temperature does the warning light for exhaust gas temperature come on at on a R32 GTR? Mine comes on at full boost. Mods are

HKS Induction Kits
Aftermarket Downpipes, De cat and system
Greddy E-01 set at 0.95Bar on std Turbos
Power FC
1 Grade colder Plugs

I assume i need more fuel. Also an EGT Gauge.

·
Registered
8,804 Posts
Your Power FC is trying to tell you that you are detonating (knocking) at full boost. I didn't know either - 4 months in the shop and $7000 for an engine rebuild, and I got sorted out. Wish I'd have known that (that the PFC uses the EGT light as a warning for knock and injector overload), then I wouldn't have killed my car in the first week of ownership...

when that light blinks, get off the gas - fast. and get a remap or you'll have gone through what I did, and it sucked ass.

·
Registered
234 Posts
if the pfc has been mapped somthing is wrong if you have fitted it and not mapped it get it mapped ithink any thing over 40 ish knock isnt good an unmapped pfc doesnt put on the light untill about 60 but i reckon thats major danger zone i was running 1.4 bar(steel tubs) and i never got over 30 knock

·
Registered
8,804 Posts
ah right. I cant see the injectors maxing out with this level of tune. So it's not the exhaust gas temp?
the light blinks or flickers, yes? If you're on stock injectors you can max your injectors at 1 bar. But I'll bet anything you're knocking - set your commander to monitor only knock, and press on the up button when the monitor is live so you get a peak reading too. Anything over 30 should give you grave concern, past 50 and you should be scared about blowing your pistons, conrods, crankshaft, or all of the above - and the PFC doesn't flicker the EGT light until you hit 60.

·
Registered
8,804 Posts
your PFC can be set to give warnings, or not. In the ETC menu, you can select which, if any, warnings get transmitted to the EGT light. What are your numbers after a hard pull, for knock? injector duty?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.