GTR Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought an off the shelf stainless system for my R33 GTR (typically mine went a couple of days before the MOT!!). Arrived no problem and the garage went to fit it for the MOT...it doesn't fit!!! With the front pipe fitted to the CAT & the box fitted to the rear 'hangers' they found that it seemed to be a couple of inches short and would not clear the rear diff or anti roll bar. Even allowing for gaining a bit if it were to clear the diff the couple of inches length would mean it is still too short. They have apparently sold many of these systems that have been fitted to R33's so I have a couple of questions if anyone knows the answer....

Mine is a V-SPEC so are the exhuasts different between R33GTR & R33GTR V-SPEC?

How different are the layouts between the R32 & R34....could I have been sent the wrong one by mistake (nothing on the packaging to identify the model).

Cheers for any answers....

·
Registered
3,803 Posts
v-spec isn't different. iirc it's a hanger or two which are in different places comparing r34 and r33.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
all the fittings seem to be in the correct location....so must assume it is an R33. Unless mine has some different rubbers on it (which mean it sits higher) then I don't know how it ever fit and R33

1 - 3 of 3 Posts