GTR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In about 5 weeks or so I will take delivery of my first Skyline.
It is an already Aberdeen based R34 VSPEC and having previously "enjoyed" the harsh suspension of a Mitsubishi Evo, I have already ordered non VSPEC springs and dampers ( I use a nice soft M3 at present.)
The car has a large oval (possibly Nismo) exhaust on it and although big, I have always preferred large round bore exhausts.
Can anyone recommend what I should go for, if I change, bearing in mind I would like it to have a purposeful note without being too loud inside the car.
I am looking forward immensely to getting the car and will probably post lots of questions and comments in the future as I am a very big fan of the Skyline.
PS: Having seen an R33 with "GTR" logo on each end of the rear spoiler, is there a supplier of same for R34 Spoiler?

·
Registered
9,548 Posts
I can only recomend you go for a full Mine's exhaust. They are available in either titanium or stainless steel and sound totally amazing. I have the stainless system fitted and I'm very happy with it since it is loud to the right point, never gets "boomy" at crusing speeds and it has that super-Mine's sound which is totally unique.
Here is the link for the UK reseller...
http://www.prospec-ms.co.uk/merchandise/suction.html

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
NE-1

and while I agree with Dino almost entirely, I`d still recommend the Nismo NE-1 which is just slightly better :D

·
Registered
520 Posts
Simon (cool name ;) ),

I have the HKS Hiper with 120mm pipe, and as Durzel says, it is loud, very loud, both inside and outside of the car. But when the turbos spool up and it comes on song it reallly does sound amazing.

If you want it quiet inside the car, then don't buy the HKS Hiper. :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts