GTR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Interested in people's thoughts as to which would be the best (or good ) exhaust for a NA GTS Skyline. I'm looking for something that will:

Increase overall power (not after huge power gains)

but without sacrificing torque (particularly low end)

and not sound so loud the cops can hear me coming a mile away!!

Thanx in advance!

Dave

·
Registered
3,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanx

Never thought about swaping in a GTR exhaust. Though Ihave heard that the exhausts on turbo cars are tuned specifically for them (Turbo engined) and putting a GTR exhaust (Twin Turbo) on a NA engined car would harm performance - don't see how though?!

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Be warned most exhausts designed for a turbo car will sound bloody loud on a NA car. A number of people fitted the Magnex exhaust sold by Jamie Whitfield of Performance Exhausts, they found it was very loud without the turbo.

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
exhaust

hi have gtst nismo system u can have just want garage space

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
mattb said:
Be warned most exhausts designed for a turbo car will sound bloody loud on a NA car. A number of people fitted the Magnex exhaust sold by Jamie Whitfield of Performance Exhausts, they found it was very loud without the turbo.
Magnex exhaust... :D 105.5db @3500rpm... VERY, VERY loud!! enough to literally shake large plate glass shop windows :D

it is quite pretty though... and very cheap! :D

·
Registered
865 Posts
Magnex only have 6 systems left for the GTS/GTR, rang them from work the other day to see if they sold the de cat on there own, but don't.

So if u did buy the Magnex one it certainly will be a rare thing.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
try URL=http://www.performanceExhausts.net]PerformaceExhausts.net[/URL] Jamie may have a few left.

·
Registered
46 Posts
The loudest, least restrictive and the biggest exhaust you can get........ it sure does work for the ca18det but i'm not positive if it would be AS effective on the GTS

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
Dave

from past experience with NA cars there is not really a huge amount of gain to be made with after market exhausts.
What you end up with is a whole lot of noise, no extra grunt and worse fuel consumption.

On a 1.9 GTi I had, we LOST mid range punch for the sake of a bit mroe BHP at the top end but that would only be valuable on track when you are raping the thing.
What makes a road car quick is torque and mid range punch so I went back to normal.

It is much easier to get more gains for your buck out of turbo cars due to the increased gas levels, more induced pressures, so a better flow of gases and air will help you get more gains quickly and cheaply....plus if you blow them a bit more then this gain seems even better.

It is also the same with Filters...tests have shown that a panel replacment is more than adequate and you get better filtration...
mmm must change my HKS ones come to that...

So I would stick with what you have if you are just after performance..change if you want noise and looks.

Just my 2c.
NLW

1 - 10 of 10 Posts