GTR Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Interested in people's thoughts as to which would be the best (or good ) exhaust for a NA GTS Skyline. I'm looking for something that will:

Increase overall power (not after huge power gains)

but without sacrificing torque (particularly low end)

and not sound so loud the cops can hear me coming a mile away!!

Thanx in advance!

Dave

·
Registered
3,554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanx

Never thought about swaping in a GTR exhaust. Though Ihave heard that the exhausts on turbo cars are tuned specifically for them (Turbo engined) and putting a GTR exhaust (Twin Turbo) on a NA engined car would harm performance - don't see how though?!

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Be warned most exhausts designed for a turbo car will sound bloody loud on a NA car. A number of people fitted the Magnex exhaust sold by Jamie Whitfield of Performance Exhausts, they found it was very loud without the turbo.

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
exhaust

hi have gtst nismo system u can have just want garage space

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
mattb said:
Be warned most exhausts designed for a turbo car will sound bloody loud on a NA car. A number of people fitted the Magnex exhaust sold by Jamie Whitfield of Performance Exhausts, they found it was very loud without the turbo.
Magnex exhaust... :D 105.5db @3500rpm... VERY, VERY loud!! enough to literally shake large plate glass shop windows :D

it is quite pretty though... and very cheap! :D

·
Registered
865 Posts
Magnex only have 6 systems left for the GTS/GTR, rang them from work the other day to see if they sold the de cat on there own, but don't.

So if u did buy the Magnex one it certainly will be a rare thing.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
try URL=http://www.performanceExhausts.net]PerformaceExhausts.net[/URL] Jamie may have a few left.

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
Dave

from past experience with NA cars there is not really a huge amount of gain to be made with after market exhausts.
What you end up with is a whole lot of noise, no extra grunt and worse fuel consumption.

On a 1.9 GTi I had, we LOST mid range punch for the sake of a bit mroe BHP at the top end but that would only be valuable on track when you are raping the thing.
What makes a road car quick is torque and mid range punch so I went back to normal.

It is much easier to get more gains for your buck out of turbo cars due to the increased gas levels, more induced pressures, so a better flow of gases and air will help you get more gains quickly and cheaply....plus if you blow them a bit more then this gain seems even better.

It is also the same with Filters...tests have shown that a panel replacment is more than adequate and you get better filtration...
mmm must change my HKS ones come to that...

So I would stick with what you have if you are just after performance..change if you want noise and looks.

Just my 2c.
NLW

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.