GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any one else get quit a bit of soot from there exhuast all up the rear bumper?
The only mod i have is a Y pipe?

·
Premium Member
1,550 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Easy guys, only looking for bit of advice... This is first fourm iv used and only had my gtr 3 weeks.

·
Administrator
31,759 Posts
Ok. Soot is very common. Have a little search. Look up clicking from your wheels too as that will no doubt come up soon ;)

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks. Sorry if im annoying some people. You dont have to look at the thread though do you, or put an unhelpful comment. Just looking for advice from people who know more than i do.

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
Thanks. Sorry if im annoying some people. You dont have to look at the thread though do you, or put an unhelpful comment. Just looking for advice from people who know more than i do.
What colour GTR you got?

Mines White, and only 20mins of driving the rear bumper is lightly covered already, i open and close the boot alot as i take packages to the post office every day in the boot, and forever have finger marks all across the boot as i open and close it, no matter how much i wash it.

·
Administrator
31,759 Posts
It's not about that. If a topic has been covered multiple times before a search will give you results. We have a search facility for this very reason. It means you get instant answers as well.

·
Registered
609 Posts
Sam this is a bug bear for all of us i'm afraid, it's even worse with the staged cars, but to coin a phrase from Mook "no smoke, no poke" :chuckle:

My only advice is to get stocked up on detailing products and just keep on top of it. As a starting point get a good body scrub and clean it all back to the clear coat then get at least two or three coats of a resin based polish to offer some protection on the rear.

This will help you remove the oxidisation that sticks to the paint work and should cut down on the time you spend cleaning it.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
What colour GTR you got?

Mines White, and only 20mins of driving the rear bumper is lightly covered already, i open and close the boot alot as i take packages to the post office every day in the boot, and forever have finger marks all across the boot as i open and close it, no matter how much i wash it.
Open and close the boot from under the spoiler, that way you can't see finger marks ;)

·
Registered
341 Posts
i open and close the boot alot as i take packages to the post office every day in the boot.
Loving that you use the GTR as a delivery van! I used to do the same but in an s2000!

Might be worth looking in to if RM will come to your place to pick up your parcels, i don't think it's too expensive.

What do you do?

(excuse the thread hijack. The way I see it, we pay good money in road tax to output that soot)

1 - 20 of 39 Posts