GTR Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

Just had my car decatted and a HKS Hyper exhaust fitted. Its too loud for me and the neighbours!
I've put the stock back on for now.Its too quiet and restricting the boost to 1.2 bar.
So I will probably have to fit a different one.
So was wondering if any of you guys have a aftermarket exhaust that is not too restrictive and loud. If possible, I would like to meet up and have a listen to compare.

Rgds

Vincent

·
Registered
9,034 Posts
Vincent,

I've got the Super Drager fitted, Mines front pipe and cat pipe and it registered 101db at 4.5k revs last week at Kemble. There were quite a few different exhausts there so I'm fairly sure somebody would have had the Hyper fitted. It would be interesting if we could find out what their's registered....

Peter.

·
Registered
9,548 Posts
Not sure about db ratings but the Mine's stainless steel exhaust is not loud at all at idle and only starts to produce music at higher rpm.

·
Registered
710 Posts
Eh ???

I have a Hyper on my R32 which I think is pretty quiet - maybe all those years of big bass car stereo systems has screwed up my hearing.

Saying that, I had a Trust TR Power Evolution with matching front pipe on my old GTS and that was ridiculously loud. When I first had it fitted and drove home from Option, my ears hurt for 2 days. Ended up having to buy an Apex inner silencer for it as I couldn't afford to change the whole system.

Talat.

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
HKS Drager?

So Guys, is the Drager much quieter than the Hiper? I suppose most exhausts are quiet during idle, but I want something quieter than the Hiper when I put my foot down. The sound can be heard streets away without seeing the car specially in London!

Rgds

Vincent

·
Registered
6,096 Posts
Vincent Hi
I have a Nismo system on mine and it is fairly quiet even when the loud pedal is pressed.
Don,t know if you remember the sound when you came over in the summer:D
Best regards Alan

·
Registered
338 Posts
That settles it.

I have been having this same dilema for a month now - noise v power.

I had almost settled on a Hiper muffler until I went to Abbey on Monday to get a fault diagnosed.

They said a Hiper was very loud.
This thread seems to confirm this.

Maybe I'll go for the Trust exhaust after all - I have Trust front pipes already.

It would be very interesting to have a comparison list of the members exhausts and what they recorded at track days.
Also a gauge of power gain would be useful to us beginners :)

·
Registered
338 Posts
Thanks Alan,

At least that gives me a bench mark.

Anyone know anything about the Trust exhausts ?

cheers :)

·
Registered
26,315 Posts
Jez,

I have a Trust downpipe and back section with a cat bypass. It is very quiet (bit too quiet at times) and offers a low rummble rather than the crackle you get with some.

I'm not sure what the dB ratings are or pitch content but Abbey fitted it and may have some figures. If it helps, the exhaust sound is quieter than the modified air induction kit I had fitted:D

John

·
Registered
547 Posts
Trust

I have a full Trust system (downpipes and exhaust (non-cat) and it's a deeper sound and definitly a bit quieter than the Hiper (which my old R34 had).

I like it .. it doesn't drone on the motorway and is great at full revs.

And as I drive in London, I've never been stopped by the police for noise, so obviously it's OK in town :)

Mind you my old F355 had a racing exhaust that registerd over 120db at Wraughton from 20m away and I never got stopped in that either:D

·
Registered
338 Posts
Thanks for the info guys.

I think I'm gonna go with the Trust setup as it will match the downpipes and decat I already have.

Joss, do you know what model the exhaust you have is ?
Are there lots of different Trust back sections ?

Did Abbey fit it ? - I think that's where I am going for mine :cool:

I appreciate the help as I am fairly new to this tuning stuff :(

·
Registered
547 Posts
Trust

Abbey did fit it (for the previous owner Joe Donkor) I'm sure they'll have what model it was on record.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts