GTR Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All, going to have 4.25 tune, Is 4 inch 102mm from cats back over kill ?? at The min its Stage 1 running 3 inch Y pipe back on a nice rusty standard exhaust, So could I just dump catted down pipes, and keep my 3 inch Y pipe and run new 3inch stainless Exhaust from that, is that ok or do you have to run the 4 inch fully from down pipes,

Cheers Stu

·
Registered
381 Posts
No such thing as an overkill - more freely it flows the better the result

102mm always :)

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
I think the standard exhaust rear section is very free flowing, you could even leave that on if you wanted.

·
Premium Member
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think the standard exhaust rear section is very free flowing, you could even leave that on if you wanted.
I would really just looks a rusty old thing, 😁 plus the couple of places I have asked say you need to change it from Y back pipe to 3 inch

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
I would really just looks a rusty old thing, 😁 plus the couple of places I have asked say you need to change it from Y back pipe to 3 inch
I'm pretty sure there's people running stage 4 with stock rear exhaust and Milltek Y pipe, it really is free flowing, some people cut the two rear silencers out too. If I was you I'd go titanium though, I have a GTC Street which sounds a bit too loud for me but nice and screamy at higher rpm.

·
Premium Member
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Cut Silencers out that would go down well up my lane Yes I do fancy bit of titanium, am sure someone on FB was selling a GTC street No price and seemed a bit dodgy, Just keep looking as ppl strip the cars to sell, and recycling is the in thing.

·
Vendor
3,016 Posts
Be carefull and don’t send money to anybody you don’t know, it’s much better if the seller is known to other forum members.

·
Premium Member
117 Posts
I'll have a 90mm (~3.5") Russ Fellows unsilenced system up for sale very shortly; both the Y-pipe and rear section.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I have Russ fellows down pipes and y pipe, just swappEd out Japspeed rear section for an my18 titanium rear section.
perfect fitment and the sound is awesome And it’s lighter

definitely recommend this set up, currently running 695bhp

·
Premium Member
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I have Russ fellows down pipes and y pipe, just swappEd out Japspeed rear section for an my18 titanium rear section.
perfect fitment and the sound is awesome And it’s lighter

definitely recommend this set up, currently running 695bhp
I was going to buy Japspeed Titanium,
But then Daytona twisted my arm 😁 with this Neally new 90mm (~3.5") Russ Fellows unsilenced system

1 - 16 of 16 Posts