GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
4,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if there are any replacement exhaust tips on the market? Im not a fan of the VSpec (rectangular ones) and burnt titanium wont look right on a red GTR. I have a ypipe and have no need to change the rear section of the exhaust, so just looking for something adds to the looks a bit.

The carbon Akrapovic sleeves look very nice, but will the fit the standard exhaust? Are there any other options?

These are quite nice...
SpecV exhaust tips for stock GT-R - NAGTROC - The Nissan GT-R Owners Club

·
Registered
3,517 Posts
You can get them in black....not ordered mine yet but will be soon...$500

Shop

·
Registered
3,298 Posts
Those afterburner tips in black are awesome!

I was thinking of getting the new loud milltek offering in a few months but retaining the oem tips...might have to get me some of these instead now.

Has andy (charles charlie) got his yet?...says on nagtroc he had some on the way.

·
Registered
3,517 Posts
Those afterburner tips in black are awesome!

I was thinking of getting the new loud milltek offering in a few months but retaining the oem tips...might have to get me some of these instead now.

Has andy (charles charlie) got his yet?...says on nagtroc he had some on the way.
Great minds....the stock milltek is too quiet and I am liking the stock look so was considering same and at Iains monday.

·
Registered
3,298 Posts
Great minds....the stock milltek is too quiet and I am liking the stock look so was considering same and at Iains monday.
Great minds indeed :chuckle:

Iain showed me a video clip of the new exhaust and it sounded pretty good. I think that combined with my non res y pipe should suit my need for noise ok. My only concern is that it is a 76mm system but that should still be good for up to stage 6ish.

And i don't really like the tips. I would prefer something a little more showy like a burnt blue finish or these afterburner tips.

I'm wondering if they would look good in a custom finish like the red ones they have on the website. Or is that a little too garish??

·
Administrator
31,560 Posts
Underground are releasing there's June 1st on here. Also we've got Petersen racing who are aprakovic dealers.

·
Registered
3,517 Posts
Great minds indeed :chuckle:

Iain showed me a video clip of the new exhaust and it sounded pretty good. I think that combined with my non res y pipe should suit my need for noise ok. My only concern is that it is a 76mm system but that should still be good for up to stage 6ish.

And i don't really like the tips. I would prefer something a little more showy like a burnt blue finish or these afterburner tips.

I'm wondering if they would look good in a custom finish like the red ones they have on the website. Or is that a little too garish??

Black for me...let's face it a few miles and they are black anyway...might as well start off that way!

·
Registered
258 Posts
Black for me...let's face it a few miles and they are black anyway...might as well start off that way!
A few miles? Mine turn black taking it out of the garage (I take it there is no clever way to avoid this?). Black tips is a great solution to the problem. They aren't really going to make any difference to the sound, surely?

·
Registered
366 Posts
It's got to be ...

·
Registered
3,298 Posts
It's got to be ...

Look lovely but a bit pricey for me :(

I am seriously considering these afterburner ones though. They look a little small in the on car pictures but I says in the thread they are working on a bigger design.

·
Registered
3,298 Posts
yeah sambo wait for the larger bore afterburners, the ones they have now are far too small
Definately mate. I think the larger bore ones should look spot on.

I've emailed the company asking for some more info on them to see if they are definately going to produce the bigger ones and costs etc..

Ive also asked if we can get a few people together if there would be any chance of a bit of discount. Thought it was worth a try!

·
Registered
3,298 Posts
Do the akrapovic carbon sleeves or tips fit the standard exhaust? And how much?
I'm not sure on the fit but i think Adamantium mentioned retaining the stock tips so i would assume that the carbon ones would fit to a stock system.

Price wise i think they're about £1k :runaway:

1 - 20 of 39 Posts