GTR Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Just think it leaves fine scratches on the exhaust tips and that will eventually dull the finish and the scratches will be noticeable in light (if you are looking for them lol) so would probably avoid that cause there's other methods available.

·
Registered
496 Posts
but it's only the inside of the tips you'd be cleaning with the wire wool. Combined with a metal polish if necessary it makes short work of soot build up which happens all too quickly on a GTR. Agreed I wouldn't go to town on the exterior but then there's usually no need.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
I know, but you can still see the inside. I'm just pretty anal about that sort of thing. But I think it's worth putting in a bit more effort and more than likely time and not use the wire wool.

Trust me if exhausts are maintained then a strong APC like G101 is all you will need and autosol and a microfibre cloth does the job if, for whatever reason, you leave it for a while, may take a couple of hits though...

I posted this picture recently but I will post it again...

·
Registered
496 Posts
G101, gentle rub with a sponge and blast off with the karcher... that was done fairly quickly cause I was in a rush and wanted to clean it for a 50/50 picture, thats why its still pretty dirty lol
To be fair, even the dirty side is pretty clean :)

Most tips are well and truly caked in soot - wire wool is your friend!

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
To be fair, even the dirty side is pretty clean :)

Most tips are well and truly caked in soot - wire wool is your friend!
That pic is to show how maintaining it makes it easy lol.

I'm aware wire wool works a treat, but from my experience I don't like the fine scratches. So the microfibre plus autosol metal polish and a few goes should do the trick or if you want the best of the best...

Britemax Metal Twins

21 - 27 of 27 Posts