GTR Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
GTROC Member
5,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys

Ok I know this has been asked tons of times and YES I have done a search and read through alot of the posts....however....Exhausts on an R32 GTR ?

I've got a Mines VX Silence full system, with unknown cat replacement pipe and Mines front pipe pro on my car at the moment.

I really love the sound it makes but it's just not loud enough for my taste(eg: I had a 3" side exit on one of my old R5 GT Turbos, now that was LOUD)

I'm after something louder for the Skyline but I dont want something that gives cabin boom on the motorway, a mates R34 GTR with HKS (dont know which one) system sounds amazing, really harsh and agressive but I believe that's because of the cam profiles, turbos etc on the R34 lump rather then the exhaust....that right ?

Would consider doing a few trackdays in the future but car is mostly a weekend play thing for the road.

I was thinking Blitz Nur as they're rumoured to be uber loud but the search showed up a few people who said a) they're just too damn loud once they've bedded in and b) they give bad cabin boom between 2K-4K RPM and its so bad it gives you a headache.

So any other ideas ? The HKS one is called a Silence HI Power....asssuming that means it's not very loud like mine ?

The Racing spec titanium system looks lovely but daaamn is it expensive.

Has anyone got any sound clips of the different exhausts ?

Cheers, G.

·
Premium Member
4,975 Posts
I changed my HKS Silent for a Kakimoto N1 Dual system.

Its very loud ... not really boomy inside the car.

·
Registered
597 Posts
bit anoraky, but might be worth going to the jovial sailor meet and listen to the cars pulling in.

quite a few years back, did similar and concluded that hks dual drager and blitz nur spec were the best sounding, chose the nurspec with trust d/p & decat on std engine in a 33, it was perfect, no boom, liveable & screamed at topend.
Now have a Kakimoto N1 in a 32, louder (& different note) than the nurspec even with the bung in!

ps - if you're ok with the r5 with side exit then you should have no trouble with the nurspec or kaki.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts